International beer off, who has the best beer?

Just vote on your own experiences, don't go looking up which beers are internationally renowned as the best, that isn't what this is about.

American Beer

Australian Beer

British and Irish beer

French Beer

German Beer

Dutch Beer

South American beer

* I'd include more but there are only 7 options for a poll on g@g. I know Belgian beer is supposedly the best and I didn't include it. Tough titties.

• American beer
  • Australian beer
  • British and Irish beer
  • French beer
  • German beer
  • Dutch beer
  • South American beer
Sorry, forgot to include any Asian beers like Tiger etc

Most Helpful Girl

• Canadian, Czech and Swedish beer are way better than French or South American beer. Out of these in the poll, I prefer Australian, German and Irish.

• Thank you for MHO ;)

Most Helpful Guy

• Damn damn damn... I absolutely love me some Quilmes (from South America), but the damn stuff is so hard to find!

I had to go with dutch beers. Absolutely love those styles of lager. :)

What Girls Said 5

• I picked American... because I'm severely biased when polls like this come along and will always pick America.

• Fair enough

• I trust the French with wine -- less so with beer. Kronenberg is ok at least. It's light and sweet. Yeah, I don't get why tasteless piss-water beers are so popular. Have you ever had Coors Light or Bud Light?

• @Agrojag yeah didn't like them. Don't go in for light beer in general

• I like Japanese beers such as Yebisu and Orion.

• Belgian beers.

• I love American craft beer. But for a go to flagship beer, it's hard to beat a pint of Guinness.

• We aren't talking about micro brews, stouts, ales right? I didn't like Bud, Coors, etc. it tasted bad to me. But craft beer... the craft beers in California taste way better.

What Guys Said 10

• American craft beer is taking over the world. None of that bud or Miller shit.

• I'd have to go with the British option here although I mainly drink Mexican beers. I really like Old Speckled Hen, Samuel Smith, Strongbow and a banana bread beer I'm forgetting the name of at the moment. I'm surprised you didn't include Mexico -- Mexico is in North America in case anyone tries to argue with me -- however one of my favorite beers is from Brazil. France is a very questionable option as they aren't known for their beers although I like Kronenberg. Germany has a great reputation but I don't have enough experience with them to pick them as my favorite. American beer is by far the worst I have encountered from the list of options.

• Foster's is terrible and that's the only experience I have with Australian beer but I'm sure they have better so I can't really make an opinion about their beer-making prowess.

• I did actually have Mexico and a few others like Spain and Thailand but I had to cut it all out cause I went over the picture limit and then realised I could only have 7 options.
      Yeah, fosters is shit. If you want a brand of beer which tastes Australian it would be Carlton Draught. It has a sort of full bodied, yet refreshing taste. You know you're having a beer. VB is similar but slightly less full bodied and more pissy but its higher in alcohol content. XXXX bitter is another good one. There are smooth Australian brands too, like Cascade premium Lager and James Boags premium lager. Those are quite a beautiful experience but not ruggedish like I think Australian beer should be

• Awesome. Thanks for the recommendations. I'll try testing those out.

• Of the choices given, German.

My favourite beers are pilsners, and those were invented in the Czech Republic! This means stuff like PIlsner Urquell, Kozel, Staropramen.

We have a few good ones here in Canada, Creemore and Steam Whistle both make very food pils (that's all that Steam Whistle makes, in fact).

• Germany. Best-tasting beer and best-looking women in the world!

• Very close to the reason I chose that photo for German beer. Don't even know if the brand they're holding is even German to be honest.

• i never drink beer but i always thought Germany had the best

• I've had some really good Canadian beer, I'd say Germany would be a close second.

• The US

• None of the above, Czech beer is the best, but I voted for Australian, and I also like Irish, German and Dutch beer.
    You should have add Czech and Belgian beer - instead of French and South American beer... or you could pair them in the poll.

• Heineken is pretty good