How do I stop this?

Everytime I start liking something like a TV show, book series, band. etc- doesn't matter what, and I have the slightest obsession with it, everything would be good for like 2 or 3 days, I can happily engage with what I like, but then slowly, I start remembering people that I don't like, who are remotely related to what I like and because of that, everytime I think of or look at something related to what I like, my brain automatically connects it back to the person. So if I look at something related to what I like, simultaneously, my brain brings up a thought of that person. This is ruining things for me. I can't like anything without this happening. Like I can't even have the slightest obsession. I don't know what to do. I CHANT be a normal teenager lmao.
I can't visit a therapist even though I want to, so asking here is the only way I can really get advice as to how to stop this and go back to liking things without thoughts of people I don't like, clouding me.

I've tried kids help phone but they're not much help.

01

What Guys Said 1

• An obession is something that your life revolves around for an extended period of time.

What you're describing is more akin to strip mining. you're infatuated with something, your passions flare, and just as quickly you come off the 'high' -- back to normal -- but it FEELS like a depressive state.

Start taking things slower, talk to yourself, and remember that you control your thoughts, not the other way around. Everyone has transitory thoughts of regret, or are reminded of past failures you aren't alone.

To cope, lean on friends, is my suggestion

What Girls Said 0