Is Candy made from China safe to eat?

So the other day my mom bought me the candy bands, from Target. I already opened the bag, (so no return) I realized that it was made in China. I'm very worried. Because the last thing I want for my birthday is having my friends sick. BUT I'd hate to throw it all away, it'd be a waste of money.

I remember eating one of these back two year ago, so nothing happened. But am I just being paranoid?

If the candy is bad, would it be recalled?

Most Helpful Guy

• I wouldn't knowingly eat anything that comes from China. Among other things, they just don't have anywhere near the safety and health standards that we do here in the U. S. It was just a few years ago that dogs and cats were dying all over the U. S. after eating pet treats made in China. And then there's the problem with toxic metals like lead all over things like toys made there. I just wouldn't do it.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it has to be or else people would be dying.

• Exactly what I was saying.

• @Socialrealist Yeah I mean its not healthy but if people were dying out of consuming candy from china everyone would be sueing and going to jail. hahaha

What Guys Said 2

• Nothing made in China is safe for use ;P
    But yes I am using a Chinese Mobile now (Oneplus One) and liking it

• I tend to avoid food made in china , however I'm not sure there is any health risk from eating some , its more just something I prefer not to eat , the idea of canned fruit from china turns me off

What Girls Said 2

• The candy is fine. I've ate them my whole 16 years on this earth and nothing has happened to me.

• Almost everything Americans eat are from China