If I put up a picture of my artwork can people trace it back to me?

Like I want to upload a picture of this art piece I did on GAG but do it anonymously. Can people somehow find a way to track the person me down via the picture?

Not that someone would do that, but I'd prefer being anonymous on the forum for whichever reason

Most Helpful Guy

• Technically it would be possible. Just think about it. If something like the NSA Surveillance program can watch and monitor everyone and everything electronically what makes you think you are absolutely anonymous? If someone had the resources and power to track and find out who you really are without holding back, then they can and will eventually. It's called Digital Footprints in Digital Forensics.

You can always try Virtual Private Networks, and Proxy Servers or something called Tor to try and "increase" Anonymity, but it still does not "guarantee" you Anonymity. You'd literally have to be completely living "Off-The-Grid" for something like that.

Most Helpful Girl

• it's possible, if you post your artwork on other sites too.

What Guys Said 5

• you could google search and find th source if for exapmle u upload it on devianart, so i would see your account there. you could upload to imgur, there you could upload anonymusly, however if you uploaded it somewhere already on your account, you could find it (as long as there is no private mode)

• My facebook cover picture is of that same image

• yup i could find that with google image search

• may i ask why you want to keep that image secret?

• it is possible but not for the average person. and i don´t think there are people that want to put the work into tracing you back. so i think you don´t need to worry.

• No no one would be able to do that unless they are hackers and they know you IP address and I don't think GAG gives out your ip or even displays it so.. Your pretty safe

• It is possible but not likely.

• How? Can you google search an image?

• Nope they won't be able to find you if you're anonymous

What Girls Said 2

• I am sure no one would waste their time doing so.

• Nah I don't think so. Do you have accounts anywhere else? (Deviant art, etc.)?

• No but it's currently my fb cover photo