Have you ever imagined yourself with a certain type of person?

Have you ever imagined what your future with this "certain someone" in it would be like?

I've imagined everything for myself done and actually ended up with someone the complete opposite. 2 years later and I am in love and I'm super happy with the type (personality wise) of person he is. With that being said, he's not what I expected for myself. And even though I love him, I sometime wonder if he's worth it. We go through a lot, and I guess if he was what I initially wanted from the beginning, I probably wouldn't mind dealing with issues. But because he's the complete opposite, anytime we get into an argument, I question everything.
I know it's wrong. But I don't know what to do.
Is this normal?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's normal, you've bought fantasy and are at odds with reality. Why else would women initiate the majority of divorces, separations, and break-ups? Adversity isn't that romantic adversity you read in erotica and see in theatres. You need real love to pull through.

And I too wonder if it's worth it, when a girl can tell me she loves me and dangle my heart on a delicate string. Is it worth trusting her word, when she obviously endears herself to a male archetype which I do not resemble?

If the guy has to worry about losing you every time he disagrees with you, that's not love. Is it worth it? You better get a grip on reality fast, and judge for yourself.

• This may seem like a stupid question but I really wanna know, how do you know when you're really in love? i know when I think about leaving, I feel like I can't imagine life without him. I do know I love him but how do you know when you're really in love?

• You can measure love by gauging physiological responses to certain stimuli, similar to how you can detect lying with light sweating of the palms, micro expressions, and unease.

Love induces a hormonal response, and ultimately you feel happier, confident, and more dismissive of problems.

To simulate such a trial, turn out the lights and really think about what it would be like if you broke up with him today. Get rid of distractions and envision this reality. How would he react? Who would be affected? Where would you go next?

You'll know if you love him if this hurts you.

What Guys Said 1

• Totally normal. Opposites attract.

What Girls Said 0