Trying to sleep when you have depression?

I'm having trouble sleeping because every time I close my eyes and try to relax I keep getting really upset. Does anyone have any tips for going to sleep when you're upset?

Most Helpful Guy

• That's kinda similar to my question tho I ain't depressed and people told me to :
    Masturbate
    Cry
    Watch TV
    Listen to music
    Take a hot shower
    Talk to someone
    And a girl said she tries make up and all !

Most Helpful Girl

• Play some relaxing music and drink hot tea. Or maybe watch something you like while you're in bed to fall asleep to.

What Guys Said 6

• Usually depression causes you to sleep more frequently. You sound like you're having anxiety. Try taking some Benadryl and if it's that bad like insomnia go to the dr and get some sleep meds. if you don't want to take anything try listening to an audio book and close your eyes just focusing on the story and nothing else.

• That actually makes more sense. My councillor used to throw around the words depression, anxiety and PTSD but I've never actually been diagnosed with any of them. How do you get diagnosed? Honestly I'm kind of sick of people not believing me and telling me that I'm fine when I'm not.

• You talk to a psychologist. Trust me it helps. I do it quite often. Don't be afraid to ask for help!

• A cup of chamomile, reading, cuddling a pillow, music/fan for white noise.

• I would maybe try going to a gym or doing some exercises; it sometimes helps me sleep and clear my mind off

• Maybe try to watch a load of films.

• After ma LDR left me I feel alone From that time since now I am lonely no is here to talk with me

What Girls Said 4

• Were you officials told you're in depression by a specialist? Depending on what you actually have, there are different solution. You could really have depression but it could also be anxiety or something else. You're a teenager and at that age, so many things happen in someone's head that it feels like depression when it can be something else.
    If you're followed by a specialist, they can help you to find solution to sleep.

Otherwise, I would advise you to do calm things before going to bed. You have to find something to focus on. If you listen to music, only listen to something relaxing, try not to look at your phone to much and try to empty your head, thinking about nice things.

• Depression can manifest itself in many different ways. Personally, I'd recommend seeing a psychiatrist. If that's out the question for you, just try doing something that relaxes you before you sleep

• I went through the whole councilling, doctors and medication thing last year and am trying to avoid it this year. I seemed to be getting better. I'm hoping this is just a small step backwards this time. Don't want to go through all that again.

• I have depression too. I only had trouble sleeping sometimes. Most days I ended up sleeping more than usual. When I couldn't sleep, I just did things that would make me tired (e. g. exercising, straining my eyes by playing video games in the dark).

• Yeah that's normally me

• Meditate. Seriously that is the thing that works best for me. I pray that your problems get solved soon.

• are you anxious bout something? coz study says that you either sleep a lot or ery less when anxious...