Does anyone hate when people talk in slang?

Do you hate when people talk slang? Like
hey= "yo" "sup"
car= "whip"
and other words like
what are you doing "doe"
like the first time my friend pointed at his car and said thats my "bae" im like wtf is a bae?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Hahaha. I don't think it's annoying. Used to hearing it and it doesn't bother me. Still understand what they're saying.

• Lol i dont understand sonetimes

• That's fine. Slang is kind of like it's own language sometimes. Or a very edited language. Takes some time to learn.

What Girls Said 10

• Haha yr such a liar. You even know how to spell bae! Don't front.

If you were actually as kids-these-days as you want to think you are, at least you'd have written "bay". I mean... come on now.

• Depends. There's a time and a place for it. Outside of a professional setting it doesn't bug me, but when I hear people talking like that in professional settings it makes me cringe.

• Yeah, I can't stand it 😠

• Eh, it depends. Some of it is fine, but not if every word out of their mouth is slang.

• Hahah😂 it doesn't bother me but I'm a teen so...

• Eh, I tdepends on the slang

• Hahahah yeaa 🍷

• its 2016 get wit it lol

• I am not native English speaker so i don't mind
    Just i have to use Urban Dictionary to get the meaning of those words.

• It doesn't bother me.

What Guys Said 9

• Git wrekt son.
    Dat slang doe.

• no I don't mind it

• You mentioned the 'doe' here, I think I rather prefer such things than that they make a typo like for example
      "u r awesome" I'm okay with that
      "your awesome" Nyah...

• i fucking hate it

• Car = slab
    Merk = destroy/kill
    Air it out = shoot
    catch da fade = fight
    Mark = bitch/sucka
    fuckboi = dumbass mothafucka
    throw = cool/dope
    lmao nah I say things like that all the time with my friends but it depends on who you talking to. Gotta keep if formal with adults

• Huh. I haven't heard, "whip", yet.

It can be annoying, but just remember that these terms will probably wither from society eventually.

However, I like to do jokingly. Usually ending with, "... as the kids say."

• It's only bad when I don't know what they're saying, like if they happened to be from out of state using different slang. Then using too much of it can be annoying also, kinda like cursing.

• Its all highschool/college talk really. Kids being kids

• No I always talk slangish and whether they like it or not I don't give a crap... wot's so bad about it dude?

Personally I hate fucking formal speech... I wanna shut their mouths when I hear someone talking like a lawyer... disgusting...

• Except you DO give a crap. You so totally give all the craps, in exactly the same way as everyone else who doesn't give a crap. LOL

I mean, it's ok, especially at yr age. But, there's definitely a time and a place for formal language, especially in writing.

Like, that whole wanna-shut-their-mouths thing? Won't lie, that's kinda hot. Lots of girls would like that mouth to be theirs. Lol
      ... but think how much more effective that'd be, if you suddenly switched into formality yrself, right when you got angry. Now THAT would be some effective anger, right there. Oh yeah.

• @redeyemindtricks I just don't understand formality...

Obviously I was joking about dat shut their mouths thang hahahaha...

• It all sounds retarded in my opinion.