Anyone else have anxiety that just won't stop and is holding you back?

I've only been having anxiety for a little over a year, for good reason that I don't want to talk about. It happened because of a bad experience with something. But ever since then I've been very afraid to do the simplest things (going to a movie, going out to eat, anything in public really). I fear that something horrible will happen and in my mind, it has like a 99% chance of happening.

I remember whenever I could do these things and not even think twice about it and it really bums me out whenever I remember that. It's not that I'm not trying, but if I force myself to do something, 9/10 I'll have a panic attack and be scared to death over nothing. I don't even hang out with my friends much, because I have to much anxiety to even hang out with them.

Anyways, I'm tired of it and some days I feel like I can beat it but the weirdest things happen. Like derealization, and feeling like I'm about to faint or can't think. I have a job, but I can barely get through work without a panic attack and sometimes I don't make it through and have to run to my car and take meds. I'm so tired of feeling like this, and would honestly not mind dying soon. I know that sounds bad, but I've never really cared if I lived or died, but with anxiety blocking me from doing things that I like to do, it makes me really not care. I just don't want to live a miserable life or die slowly. I would love to live life to the fullest, but my brain won't let me and kicks me when I'm down.

Does anyone else struggle with anxiety on here? And do you ever feel like anxiety is keeping you from what you truly want to do? I do feel better than I did a year ago (I damn near just wanted to end my life, but I'm christian and I would never do it. I might think it, but I could never do it to myself). I don't expect it to end anytime soon, but I'm just hoping it slowly fades away and I can return to being myself again.

Most Helpful Guy

• I hear ya, anxiety disorders are one of the hardest things to live with. You don't no until you are suffering with it, it's definitely something I wouldn't pass on unless you don't want to live your life prop. Everyone's is different tho, different symptoms etc

• The thing that freaks me out the most is the physical symptoms that it can create. I've asked my doctor and he said it's stress, but it's crazy how real some things can feel

• Yeah well alcohol raises serotonin, endorphin and what ever else, all I know is that I felt more the way I should be but don't remember feeling any different being sober, like I was happier more talkative, like I actually wanted to talk to people. But dunno if that was the alcohol or if it was from being less nervous

• Definitely alcohol. That's what alcohol does, and that's why it's dangerous for some people. Alcohol helps people not worry as much, and feel more comfortable around people.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 0