Are you close with your parents?

I am kinda close with mine. We don't have the best relationship unfortunately but we are not estranged thankfully haha! How about you guys? 😊

0|0
12|18

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm really close to my parents, both of them are still together! I've lived far away ever since I was 19, but I call/skype often and visit occasionally.

2|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah. Really close with my mom. Also have a great relationship with my stepdad, and a so-so relationship with my dad. All in all, not bad.

2|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 17

• Yes, I would say we're pretty close. We don't discuss suuuuper intimate things such as each others sex lives (my best guy friend does that with his mom) but other than that, we have a good relationship. I think my parents also complement each other quite nicely. My mom is a very organized and self-disciplined person. She can be of great help when dealing with difficult things, for example organizing stuff or talking to government institutions. She's a psychologist/therapist and so she's also a good person to talk to if I have some personal problems. She's a good listener and she always has some idea to make things better again. My dad on the other hand is less serious than her. I can't really have very deep talks with him but he is an incredibly positive-spirited person who always jokes around a lot and knows how to make awkward moments funny. He's also very relaxed and easy-going about most things, which I quite like.
    Of course there are also things I really don't like about my parents but the positive aspects certainly make up for these things.
    The two things I am most thankful for are that my parents did an outstanding job raising me and making me an independent, responsible, confident and positive-spirited person despite me having been almost blind since birth and secondly that they are so tolerant, caring and loving towards my foreign girlfriend rather than being distant and awkward around her as many parents whose children have foreign partners are.

1|0
    0|0
  • I was VERY close to my father. We had very similar interests in science, literature, and history. We always knew what books to buy each other for Christmas and birthdays.

When I saw him on his death bed just before he passed, he said to me, "I love you, [Bluemax]. Always." (and I am tearing up as I write this )

2|0
    0|0
  • No, not so much!

1|0
    0|0
  • 45.media.tumblr.com/.../...4dLxCx1ulev69o1_500.gif
    My parents don't even know my name.
    They didn't even show up on the day of my birth.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm quite close with my mom, yeah.

I'm not at all close to my dad, despite the fact that he's a good person and I love him. We're just way too different, I guess.

1|0
    0|0
    • "I'm not at all close to my dad, despite the fact that he's a good person and I love him."

That's how it is with my mother.

• @Bluemax One outta two ain't too shabby, right?

Also, I just read your opinion; that's a beautiful, albeit painful, moment you got to share with your dad. Thanks for letting all of us hear your story.

• Yes, I am. Much closer with my mother though, I have always been.

1|0
    0|0
  • Me and my parents get along, yeah we may have issues time to time but I honestly love them with all my heart

1|0
    0|0
  • We are so close that I can't imagine my world without them, they are everything for me. My parents, brother, sisters. We are joint family, 8 members. I love my grandmother very much, she is 88, she is the cutest women in this world, I love to sleep on his legs. Blood in my veins run only because they are with me.

1|0
    0|0
  • Best friends with my mum.
    Completely different personality to my dad lol.

1|0
    0|0
  • NOPE NOT AT ALL my moms a drunk and my dad is not an understanding person.. And very demanding I don't get along at all no matter how much I try

1|0
    0|0
  • It's awkward being around them. Hard to share anything with them. It just feels like I have to keep my entire life outside a secret from them.

1|0
    0|0
  • I've gotten closer with them as I aged.

1|0
    0|0
  • kinda... I don't talk too much to them but we have an okay relationship

1|0
    0|0
  • Very close.

1|0
    0|0
  • I become always very close to me parents; I like the way they approach to me ;)

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes I'm close with mine cuz I rarely see them.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's impossible now that my mother can't even remember my name.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 11

• We co-exist quite nicely.

No one in my family (extended or nuclear) is big on being all up in each other's business so we like it.

1|0
    0|0
  • We tried to be close but there is a current of underlining dysfunction especially involving my father.. It is sad because what comes out is an almost fake closeness

2|1
    0|0
  • Some what close!

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm very close with mine.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I'm close to my parents, my mom more so than my dad. My mom is one of my best friends.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes we are pretty close

1|0
    0|0
  • Our relationship is fine. But I don't tell them too much.

1|0
    0|0
  • I am close with my mom. My dad and I have issues.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes I I'm my dad and I are very close even do he's very overprotective and strict he can be my friend too.

0|0
    0|0
  • Me and my mom are pretty much BFF's. My Dad passed away a few years back and I had an okay relationship with him, he was a very quiet man and just liked to do his own thing. We got closer the last year he was alive though.

2|0
    0|0