Is it a dick move to not tip the delivery guy in a blizzard?

What do you think about not tipping at all?

(If you don't tip in your country, please don't answer)

Most Helpful Girl

• People don't tip in my country and we don't have blizzard but...
    In such bad weather? I would totally tip... I wouldn't even order to deliver.
    My boyfriend use to deliver pizzas and I was got worried when the weather was really bad or worse when there were icy patch.
    People don't readier how careless it is to order in some weather.

What Guys Said 13

• if tipping is customary, it is ALWAYS a dick move to not tip, unless the service was bad.
    i've even tipped when food was bad because it was not the waiter/waitress's fault. they did their job and should not lose money because someone in the kitchen sucks.

if your delivery is late? i can see a smaller tip or no tip. if it is late because of a blizzard? dick move.

• Yes, it definitely is. I always tip delivery people anyways, but especially so when I'm ordering delivery because the weather is so bad I don't want to leave my apartment (which happens from time to time). They get paid the same regardless of the weather, so if you live in a country where tipping is customary and force them out when it is especially nasty outside, you should definitely be kind with your tip.

• Is the service terrible? Then you don't get a tip.

We ordered pizza for an office party. They had the order first thing in the morning. It arrived an hour late (their excuse was that it was a 'big order' - four pizzas is a big order for the biggest chain in the city?) and I spent that hour trying to get hold of them on the phone and being hounded by a dozen hungry people who wanted to know where the goddamn pizza was.

When it finally arrived, the guy had the fucking nerve to ask for a tip. A more charitable coworker than me signed the invoice and gave him one.

• People do tip sometimes in my country, but I usually don't. Besides, we don't have blizzards here. If there was a blizzard, then I'd probably tip the delivery guy, as a token of appreciation.

• I can't stand the idea of tipping. I'm not interesting in hearing the idea of that's how they make their pay.

First if they want more money, bring it up with the owner like most other job, no need to transfer the cost to the clients. Second because of tips everyone thinks they're entitled to tips. Cab drivers for examples, yea right for what? Then I have to get bad looks or bad service just because the dude expects a tip... but he's still getting his wage

It's fine if its not obligated becuase then you do it on your own will

• Its kinda a dick move not to tip period in the United States. I hate tipping but its necessary. Shitty service 10%. Top notch service 35% max.

• which state do you live in?

I've seen enough to call it a split 50/50.

• from what I've gathered, the people who support tipping like a religion have had family members work in tough jobs where they relied on tips.

then the people who don't tip say that tipping is not a requirement, which is true. And then when the other calls them an asshole they argue that they are still getting paid by their employer, blahblah lol.

I don't know why tipping is such a sensitive topic to some people. like holy fuck. did you really explode over that one lol.

• @BertMacklinFBI I don't like the idea of it but those people need to eat and get paid for the shit they have to deal with. I wish we could just increase prices, increase wages and get rid of tipping. Make that $8.50 General Taos Chicken $12.

• It is totally a dick move to not tip people who rely on tips to make a decent wage. If you can't afford to tip them, then cook your own dinner.

• i think it all depends on the person. if i feel they deserved a tip and i have small bills i will tip them. and if they actual ask for a tip i won't give it

• it is a dick move to not tip the delverer of a service. These are the people that are hired by the service. They are usually underpaid, have to put on their best efforts for all, not only the dicks that don't tip. They have the best job they can get and it is their efforts that deliver the product that you went to the establishment for... don't be a dick... 10-20% depending on efficiency, cordiality, personal interest..

• tipping is an American custom that needs to go away.

• Yes..

• I would say so...

• Generally yes.

Young people often can't tip much. When i was in school i always tipped a bit but not always great. I tip pretty well now. I hope that waiters/delivery people recognize that they're gonna get more tips from some people than others just based on ability to pay.

The reality is though nobody NEEDS to order delivery. If you can't afford a tip, you should probably be cooking your own food.

What Girls Said 3

• Super fucked up. You should always tip when a service has been provided for you! Delivery drivers, car hops, etc need to be tipped extra in inclement weather because if not it won't be worth their while to even do the job. Ifor it's super hot, cold, raining, or snowing always tip double

• "because if not it won't be worth their while to even do the job"

but its their job?

• You pay for the food, yes. But many times you are reimbursing the deliverer for his time. Why is it fair that you pay the same to pick it up as for getting it delivered to you? Don't you think that deserves a little extra?

• Yeah. I guess.

• Major dick move

• yes it is a dick move.