Do all your co-workers have your phone number?

Or just your boss?

We have all of our phone numbers posted up in the office, so any employee can look and grab our number if they need to reach us. I used to be totally fine with this, because it never really impacted me. But then this guy came back to work for us, and I guess he grabbed my number from the office and I keep having to deal with this:

ANNNNND I wish he never found my number. I mean, I feel bad saying no because he has seizures so he CAN'T drive, but like... why can't his wife just go into her job or leave her job to take care of HER husband? Annoying, mega annoying.

/end rant

Most Helpful Guy

• Ehh, at least he is gonna pay for your gas! It couldn't be that bad, no?

• I also hate accepting money from people who aren't employers, so it's gonna be really awkward for me lol. Granted it does make up for it a little bit, but still. It's hard for me to accept money.

Most Helpful Girl

• shawEET! lmao
    But no, only my boss had mine at my last job.

What Guys Said 25

• Your work place has your number. As your employer they are expected to have it for many reasons (schedule changes, weather closure, policy changes they need to ensure you get, etc.) That usually means that your supervisor will have your number. But your co workers should not have it and it should not be posted. Sometimes it will be posted when they want you to check it to ensure they have the right number, but even doing that is improper. For reasons of privacy it should never be posted.

As far as for ride sharing, that is best arranged face to face (at work), but usually means exchanging numbers in case something comes up and one must notify the other.

• nope, not all of them.

when I worked at the animal hospital they all used too, because they handed out a sheet with everyone's fucking contact information.. USELESS!

but now, I'm chillin :D

• I'm jelly you got to work at an animal hospital

• I almost accepted a job at an animal hospital part-time but then my mom said it wouldn't be worth it 'cause of the drive so I never called them back. Kinda regretting it now.

• It has its ups and downs.

They try to make it as fair as they can between girls and guys, but girls usually protest to putting an animal in a bag and in the freezer, so the guys always do it. But other than that, everyone cleans up poopy kennels, feeds the animals, bathes them, clips their nails, walks them, and just pick your favorite one and cuddle in the kennel with it.

Owners would pay for extra play time, but everyone always gave the animals extra play time anyways lol. I was part time. I think you would've enjoyed it for the most part.

• I work from home so I need all my coworkers numbers and they need mine but so far thankfully they are responsible about it.

• I have all my coworkers numbers if I've known them for a while. Usually I just get it if I need to trade shifts.

• I don't really have what you'd call a boss, but most of
    the people I work with do have my number, yeah. ^.^

• I think about 5 collegues have my private mobile number... and if there's an emergency the HR department can always find it in my records :D

• Yeah we all do that here to but thankfully all of our employees have their own rides though I'm happy to help out now and then, and we have a small amount of employee's which help to.

• Never had to deal with that but I've been lucky and had some pretty sweet coworkers in my life. Most of them had my phone number.

• dayum... yeah, he got you lol. It's ok. It's happened to me so many times at various jobs. Especially in the restaurant industry.

• My boss has my number that is it. If anybody else needs it they can ask. Otherwise i think it is none of their business.

• I don't think anyone at work has my number. If my boss wants to call he probably has to get it from HR.

When I tried to call in sick, I realized I didn't have anyone's number and had to email.

• why can't he take the bus? or call uber?

this is what they mean when you let people walk over you.

• Is he a teenage girl?
    No. My boss doesn't have my personal number. Only a few coworkers.
    By the way, just say no. Be nice, but don't go that far out of your way to be nice. People take advantage of that.

• No but I wish some of my co workers are hot

• Everyone has my number because I'm sometimes on call. But they only call me in emergencies.

• none of them do

• that's pretty standard, yeah. communication is key in all business

• When I worked at Comcast yeah, in case we had to reach out or help each other out with stuff.

• Charge him uber prices or tell him to get an uber.

• I don't have coworkers but plenty of my classmates do, especially my lab partners

• Employer and co-workers have it available but I will only get calls/texts from my boss and supervisor so it's not that bad but it is out there at my job so we can communicate if someone could cover a shift or come in and help.

• work mobile yes, personal mobile none have

• Nope.
    I work in IT so I'd get called for their home computer so no they do not have my number.

• No, and i'd consider that intrusive. If work needs to contact me urgently they have it on file.

• I don't have a job, but if I did it'd probably be a need to know type of thing.

What Girls Said 12

• Aaaaand this is why God made Google Voice.

You can have a separate GV phone number for every Gmail account you have -- so, for now at least, that equates to unlimited capacity.
    I mean, you'll eventually have to link them back to some sort of real phone number, but, no one outside Google will have that information.

I have something like 7-8 different ACTIVE Google Voice phone numbers, and a few more that are dormant. I use a different one for every possible facet of my professional and personal life.

The number of entities that have my actual, direct number, I can count on my hands.

• None have it unless I personally give it. Though, I work at an office and there is no point for them to have it.
    As for your situation. I might be able to help one person one time but I'm not a taxi driver. If I ever share my car, it's to save some money.

• Haha, that guy is such a goober.

Considering I'm a nanny, I just have the numbers of both the parents. There are no co-workers' numbers to get. :)

• Some of my co-workers have my number. My boss has my number. It's one more excuse for her to bother me and force me to do work.

• I have my cell in my email signature.

• Honestly, if it were me I would just offer to give him a ride anyways. But then again I'm not worried about leaving a little extra early to help someone out.

• Only a few co-workers have my number, those are the ones I hang out without side of work.

1. My best work-friend, I love hanging out with her and her hubby
    2. My boyfriend (whom I met at work)
    3. And another cashier, because we like to talk about 90s cartoons.

I have few friended on facebook. But I never give customer service staff my numbers and I certainly wouldn't want the whole store/office to have it. I like to pick and choose.

• Nah. I don't have any coworkers.

• I dont even have a job😭

• LOL,

And thank God no.
    However had a whatsapp group, so they could have grabbed from there but none of the workers were like that. They respected privacy.

• Lol my co-workers have my number, but it's never like that haha

• Yeah I have my coworkers numbers and my workplace has a directory. Luckily I haven't dealt with anyone like that. If that were to happen to me, I would do it once but like the 2nd or 3rd time I would just be like "sorry, you live too far" or "sorry, i'm busy that morning" and keep using that excuse. They'll get the hint, eventually.

• He doesn't live far which is the issue, lol. He lives like 5 minutes tops from my house, weather depending. But in the opposite direction of work.

• ugh that's the worst! i'd just make up some excuse like you go to the gym in the morning or something lol I don't know