Do you prefer living in the city or the countryside and why?

Most Helpful Guy

• I believe I have the best of both worlds. Technically, I live in a city. In fact, it's one of the biggest cities in my country. However, because my country Switzerland is quite small, what we consider "big" cities wouldn't be considered big in other parts of the world.
    My city has about 100,000 inhabitants. My girlfriend and me live very close to the city center. The city is very green and it is great for riding bikes (bike lanes everywhere). Because I'm not allowed to drive a car or a motorbike and because I don't like busses so much, I ride my bike pretty much anywhere. Whether I need to go shopping or to the pharmacy or to the train station or to the movies or meet my friends... I can do everything by bike and it takes me less than 15 minutes. I have lots of stores, restaurants and cafés in a close proximity but at the same time, I also have several big forests close by (one is right behind our apartment block) and the neighborhood where I live is very quiet (the speed limit in cities in Switzerland is 30 km/h, which is about 18mph (except for the main roads where the speed limit is 60 km/h or 37 mph). So it's very bike and pedestrian friendly (calm, green and peaceful) but at the same time, there are many things close by. It's not like in American suburbs where you have to take the car to go shopping. For example the closest supermarket, post office and pharmacy, as well as a big public community bath/swimming pool to where I live is just about a quarter mile away. By bike that takes me 2 minutes, by foot maybe 7-8. So I think it really is perfect the way it is here. I wouldn't want to live in a city like New York or Paris because it's too hectic for me, I wouldn't want to live in the countryside because it would be too boring for me and I wouldn't want to live in American-style suburbs because I would need somebody to give me a ride everywhere.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would say that my ideal place to live is in the countryside just outside of a city :)

I get the best of both worlds, the amenities of the city, but the quietness of the countryside.

I grew up in the country, and for me to live far from a city sucks. I used to live downtown of a city and I loved it, except for the business, traffic and whenever there were events. I was literally right there. So many people would be around my building, leaving garbage and making noise. It also sucks when people try to vandalize your building and what not. At night I didn't feel safe.

What Guys Said 16

• In the city, everything I need is around me and I don't have to go too long distances to get them. It's simpler.

• The countryside,
    I couldn't live in Europe.
    The Land is... Civilized,
    There are no bears in England they killed them all same as the wolves, same as every other major predator.
    I live in Massachusetts, one of the least dangerous states wildlife wise, but we have Rattlesnakes and bears.
    I am moving out west sometime after I have gotten my degrees.
    I want to write for a living and if I'm successful, I'll build a house in northern Washington state. Where they have Mountain Lions, where wolves are making a comeback, Where the Caribou live. I can be near my family, Within easy reach of a decent population center but where the land is still uncivilized.

Where the land is still Wild

• City, city. The countryside is so boring to me. Nothing to do, nowhere to go no one to see, etc. In the city there is always something for me.

• I'm definitely more of a city slicker. Love being around lots of people with many activities to do. 😉

• country. i hate cities. i can't really drive in them, the people are more dickish and i'd get lost easily. i got lost in miami for 2 hours because i couldn't figure out how grids worked.

• For now apartment living near the city, but eventually living in the countryside where I don't need to know my neighbors if I don't want to since my current one is screaming and verbally abusing her 17 year old daughter as I write this message on the wall beside me.

• Countryside definitely. Or the outskirts of a big city, that's where I live now and it's great. It's not too far to get into town and it isn't too busy around where I am

• I've lived in the city and currently live in the country. I'd choose the country hands down. I get more for the money in the country. I get space, quiet and beautiful scenery.

• I prefer to live in the suburbs near a big city because you can have a nice house with some land and still have access to everything that a big city has to offer

• I don't believe in the idyll and I've never left urban life, so no comment.

• i would prefer to live in the country side because its quieter

• I like living in a nice town maybe not like a huge city. I dont like too quiet.

• Suburbs...

• i prefer live the country because it is quiet and peacefull

• Countryside even though I live in the suburbs since there is no countryside where I am but that's where I would be if there was , I don't like everybody being on top of each other

• I live in a suburb which's almost l countryside... I like it because city people r usually rude as fuck... I prefer country's people they r more straight forward and honest... city people r hypocrites most of 'em...

What Girls Said 19

• City life.
    - There's so much more to do, and meeting new people is easier.
    - I like a fast-paced lifestyle and being able to walk everywhere.
    - I like blending in a crowd and feeling anonymous.

When I'm ready to settle down and have a family, I'd want to live in a suburb.

• Country. I am a bon fire, lake swimming, four wheeler driving, tail gate partying, baseball cap, scuffed boots and blue jeans wearing, hay rolling farm girl. I get claustrophobic in crowds. I despise too many people, too much noise, city dirt, commotion that comes with city living. I need grass and open spaces.

• I live in the capital and it has its plus and minus.
    + Many places to have a good time,
    +You can almost never be bored
    +All of my friends live here
    +I have more prospects in my career than i would have in countryside.
    _It is noisy
    _Air is polluted
    _Nature is not that good
    So i would stay in my city but i would like to buy a house in countryside just to visit sometimes and feel recharged.

• Countryside by far.

I hate the hussle and bussle and noise of cities. I like to be surrounded by nothing and nobody :)

• City that's like countryside. 😛
    I live in the part of the city that looks like a countryside and it's awesome.
    Easy internet access, can talk on the phone, not so much people and cars, pets, it's cute. 😄

• CITY. I've lived in the countryside and all there is to do is go to grocery and clothes stores. All this open space and nothing to do. Making friends is hard because everyone lives far away from each other. Highschoolers srsly hang out @ gas stations. Malls and everything R 20 miles away.

• I prefer the city by far, or a nice suburb very close to the city.

• City for now but country some day when we're retired.

• The city. Born and bred in Manhattan. The lights, the energy, the parties, the SHOPPING, the food, the scenery. All perfect. 👌👌
    Only downside for some people is that its "really expensive"💅

• The city since everything is so convenient.

• nice burbs just outside a good city

• Neither. I like where I am which is like a city outside the city city and outside the country. So I can get either one with a little drive. (Live in FL)

• City because there is more to do and you can always meet new people.

• I live in a rural area on 3 1/2 acres of land. I like my privacy & don't care for crowds.

• I live in a little town in mountain :)

• I grew up in NYC I can't imagine living anywhere else. I'm a city girl

• Country I'm a farm girl n wouldn't do well in the city

• I prefer living in the city of course cos you have more opportunities

• Countryside, it's so beautiful in the country