Do you think it is weird when you are 30, in university and half of your professors are around the same age as you?

One of my professors said he used to watch Seinfield in high school and I watched Seinfield in high school which would mean that my professor is around 30 years old!

My other professor said he was a kid in the 1990's, and I was 5 years old in 1990 meaning my other professor is also around my age!!!

I have amother professor who looks younger than me and is probably about 29 - 34 years old but he does not have a single wrinkle on his face and looks really young.

Is this weird? Too bad they are all married.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think it's particularly weird. It also depends what country you are from. For example in my country Switzerland, university education takes much longer than in the US or Britain. Here, it's quite normal for people to be done with their master's degree around the age of 29 or 30 (some are also done before that but many aren't).
    Also, I assume these people you are talking about aren't "real" professors. They are probably professors in an anglo-saxon sense (basically a university teacher). If you work hard and you're determined, you can get a PhD and start working as a university lecturer and research assistant in your early 30s. Being a real professor is something different. In order to become a real professor, you need many years of experience and usually you need to write another big research project, called the habilitation. Only then can you call yourself professor with an official title. Most people who become professors become so at an age of 50-60.

Most Helpful Girl

• In certain fields, especially technical ones, all the professors are young. It's awkward but it's not a big deal. In my university some of the students have grey hair

What Guys Said 4

• No, it's certainly not weird. But I have lots of respect that at age 30 you still manage to study enough to make it through university.
    When I was in my low twenties I could study an entire day and evening as long as I took my breaks.
    But at age 30 I was already down to 3-4 hours max... I hear the same from other people. I really get emotionally tired and feel it hard to comcentrate after that time :o

• No its not weird.

• Not if you're there getting you're 4th or 5th degree.

• lol she fancies her professors. a woman can't help being a woman. well good for you that you decided to study in college, no matter your age

• the main reason why i point out that you fancy your professors is because of their status and financial state.

What Girls Said 0