Is it inappropriate for a 15 year old to just HANG OUT with 20 year olds?

They want to pick me up and for me to hang out with them tomorrow. My foster mom said she doesn't mind as long as nothing bad is done

• Yup
  • Nope

Most Helpful Guy

• It's just sad how people assume 20 year old guys have an ulterior pedophile/rapist mentally. There can be an intellectual connection, and not all guys are interested in sex with anybody of the opposite sex. I seen some high school students who go to university and hung out with men and women in their early twenties. I even seen in chess tournament high school students hang out in with early twenties men and women. People these days are too sick minded and can't look at things platonically. They think everything is sexual because they themselves are sick with too much sex in their minds. As a kid, I got better with adults older than me. We did have an intellectual connection, whether chess or a field of study. Unless, you're hanging out at night or somewhere private or getting in their car then I would have a red flag, and if there's innocent they won't pressure you but respect you. However, people have a wrap reality that demonize men as pedophiles/rapists. Though, I highly doubt anybody would be suspicious of a early twenty woman hanging out with a 15 old year. Yet ironically, when the true rapist/pedophile appears, we turn a blind's eye until it's too late. Truly sad

Most Helpful Girl

• Inherently no, it's not wrong. Especially if nothing seedy is going on. However, if they are interested in you more than friends, I would be very careful hanging out with them.

It kind of reminds me of the creepy older guys who used to hang around the smoking pit when I was in high school. They were 20+ and they used to come 'have smokes' with the students who would smoke. Of course they would attest nothing bad was going on. But I know they dated some of the girls. There used to be fights at the pit over guys all the time.

Most of the time the guys would date different girls who were all in high school. They couldn't get girls their own age.

Really, what it comes down to is you are not legal. So if they want anything more than just friends with you, then that's wrong.

But I've hung out with older people when I was that age too. But it was alway with a bunch of people, never alone.

I would be very careful.

What Guys Said 15

• The 15 year old would have to be very, very interesting. Usually, that's not the case even if there is something we share in common.

For them to seek you out? Sounds shady. I don't know any 20+ year olds picking up 15 year olds because they have riveting conversations. I imagine the types of guys to do that are rapist shitheads.

• Lol, ya, "hang out"

• if they're friends it should be fine

• I hung with older people when I was younger, I don't mind younger folks hanging around me now.

As long as their not annoying and the older ones ain't being too indecent.

Play it by ear, if they try to get too friendly, that kind of, why are they asking me uncomfortable things friendly, I'd call for a ride home as quickly and quietly as possible.

• When the 20 year olds are the ones soliciting? That's kind of shady. It'd be different if they were just allowing you to tag along.

• No, it's not inappropriate at all. I agree with what your foster mom said, so long nothing sexual happens, you're good to go.

• To be honest in my opinion im 16 I wouldn't hang out or "date" a 21 year old (5 year diff) I don't know it's up to you. I'm more on people who is my age.

• Who are they?
    How many are they?
    And are they boys or girls?

bottom line is they are going to try and bang you.

• Has your mom met them?

• What exactly do you mean by "hang out"? What are the implications and intentions?

• I think the parent shoud meet these young folks

• if you said a 20 yr old hanging with 25 yr olds... different story... same age difference.

• Yes, very. They will soon be 21, and that would be considered distriubtion of alcohol to a minor

• I think it's fine. If they like your company and not trying to get you to do anything bad then go for it

• No of course not, it's fine

What Girls Said 5

• umm i chill with little guys all the time. hahah 13 and under. I find it easier to talk to them than people my age.

• As long as nothing bad is done – – that's exactly why they want to hang out with you so something bad can be done – – to you

• I'm 20 and I don't like the sound of it. I don't personally think it's a good idea. I don't hang out with 15 year Olds there's too much of a intellectual gap. Especially if it a guy, don't do it.

• yes. and pathetic of the 25 year olds

• I hang out with twenty year olds sometimes, nothing bad is ever done. We just chat.