If someone says "Look for me at lunch" that means they want you to sit with them, no?

So let me start off by saying, I'm not a popular guy at my school. But I'm in class with this popular guy Alex, and we're really friendly towards each other and I guess we are considered friends. He told me yesterday to look for him at lunch. So at lunch I went up to him and said hi, and said hi back and I proceeded to follow him to his table and sat next to him. There was a bunch of other popular people at the table. One of them was looking at me funny before going "... why? Why... why.. just why?" Then Alex went "I don't know... he followed me"
So um... was I not supposed to sit next to him ooooor?

Most Helpful Girl

• Wow, that's really rude of him! Someone saying "look for me at lunch" is definitely inviting you to sit with them. Maybe his friends are jerks and don't like you for no reason.

Still, he should have said this is my friend and I invited him to sit with us at lunch. No big deal. But the fact that he played it off like you followed him like a little puppy is quite rude.

In fact, I would just ignore him and find a better group to hang out with. You don't need to sit with them at lunch, you probably shouldn't want to if they are going to be jerks about it.

I personally would sit with you at lunch if you came to my high school lol if I was in high school.

Whenever a friend of mine invited someone new to the table, I always made a point of being nice to them. Maybe that person doesn't have any friends, or maybe they are shy? Either way it may make someone's day to let them sit with me and my friends so I never make jerk comments to them.

Hopefully you can find some better friends!

Most Helpful Guy

• Thats weird. I would of done the same thing as you. I would take it as an invite for you to sit with him.

What Girls Said 5

• Sounds like dudebro is a douchebro.

• He sounds misleading. I wouldn't listen to anything he says after this and go find some more sincere people to eat with. I'd rather eat alone than eat with people like that:/

• I'm sorry, but after that I wouldn't want to be near to him or his friends anymore. That was uncalled and extremelly rude.

• I would think that youthougt right about what he said. Maybe he just got embarrassd when the "popular" people came and re judging him for sitting with someone who is t as popular, so he flaked on you. Another possibility is tht he just sao be friendly without thinking you would actually sit with him.

• he tell in a way that you have to sit with him but after he act dumb. He's strange like guy

What Guys Said 1

• is this such a big thing in the US? i never understood why, i would sit where ever the f. i want.