GAGers, would you rather be a feeler or a thinker? Why?

And thank you for casting your votes downstairs :-)

• I would rather be a feeler.
  • I would rather be a thinker.

Most Helpful Guy

• Hi :)

Answering this question will make your survival, more miserable.
    We are not and should not take an extreme point to just become either thinker or feeler. They both are necessary at times.

It's not like thinkers don't "feel" and feelers don't "think".
    And don't confuse feeling with emotions and thinking with intelligence.

A feeler will help the humanity to invent new things. He/she will "think" out of the box. A thing which is not logically possible according to a thinker.
    While thinker will "feel" the fear of extinction and stay in boundaries with proper logics, truth and calculations for better survivability.

An extreme thinker will sue a smoker for committing suicide because the packet of cigarettes has written a text on it "smoking kills".
    An extreme feeler will sell the goods at the same price he/she bought because he/she doesn't want to exploit the customer.

This doesn't make sense. We all are balanced. The only difference is that either we are inclined a bit towards one end OR we are very versatile to change our ends.

So, the real question becomes :-
    Do you hold a characteristic of being a thinker/feeler or can you easily adjust yourself in the different circumstances?

●Thinkers will take the right decisions while feelers will take the important decisions.
    ●Thinkers are self dependent while feelers show better team work
    ●Thinkers will lie to make their life better while feelers will lie to make others' life better
    ●Thinkers will do what's right and correct while feelers will do what might be better.

So, to answer your question, I'm a well balanced between the both. I worship logic, but I take care of others. I don't stick to truth and challenge the limits. I do what's right but I'm not 100% honest because I don't want to jeopardise my career. I have great intuition (you know how I always find you) but I find it safer to observe to better counter the problems.

I'm optimised who feel to think better and think to feel better.

• Your intuition is scary, hahaha! :-P

• @HandsomeRaj haha I love pictorial and idiomatic references :D

Let's don't overwhelm the asker. The more we'll speak, the more she'll get confused about the reality :D

• Thank you young friend for being magnanimous towards the dear girl here :) (somehow I'm quite sure she'll enjoy anything that is sensible and provides insight 😜)

She's one of those that asks questions to understand various angles of something and yes to clear confusion if any. Anyone that tries to confuse her, will regret even thinking of trying ha ha.

But yes let's put an end to this here :D ;)

Most Helpful Girl

• you can't actually process thoughts without feeling, and you can't process feelings without thinking. both are useless on their own.

What Guys Said 27

• I used to be a thinker, but it was boring.

Now I decide a lot of things based on intuition and emotional state, and things have been better. Voted A).

• I SO want to be a thinker, but unfortunately I'm a feeler. :(

• Depends on how often my intuitions are correct. If I could accurately asses people and situations based on my feelings on a consistent basis without having to take the time to think things out then Id rather be a feeler. Otherwise being a thinker is better but probably more depressing.

A mix of 60% thinking 40% feeling would probably be ideal tho.

• I would rather be a feeler. Been a thinker my whole 21 years and its brought me to a conclusion that a life lived with you being real with yourself and others certainly yields better results in the long run.

• I'm afraid I need a little of each!

• Vote 'B' and I am and have been :)

A thinker is not someone that doesn't feel. A thinker is someone that feels but doesn't get swept away by it. A thinker is capable of doing more good than feelers even if it's perceived otherwise :)

• "A thinker is capable of doing more good than feelers even if it's perceived otherwise"

Not necessarily. You're making a specific personality type dominant over another.

• @YourFutureEx - young friend, problem is that we perceive and term traits by nature as a personality :)

A feeler does good by nature just because most times they prefer feeling over thinking. A thinker however is a person that feels and then takes a rational decision that's for best. Not always is the thinker right and correct but chances there are higher of being right and preventing collateral damage.

A feeler is a natural thing in every human being a thinker is someone that's evolved that's all :)

• I'd rather be a thinker; I'm tired of being a feeler.

Also, saying "I'm a feeler" sounds suspicious.

• LOL hahaha

• @Victorianna

"Jeff, why is your hand down there."
      "I'm a feeler. -_- "

• LMAO hahahhahahha i can't stop laughing lol

I couldn't stop laughing when i read your comment about it being suspicious... it's so true!!

• I'd rather be a thinker, but probably more of a feeler. Being driven too heavily by my feelings usually never amounted to any good. Stopping and kind of trying to be level-headed usually worked a lot better.

• rather be a feeler... because i am a thinker and it sucks !

• Why? I thought most people would rather be a thinker?

• Hahaha! :- P

• just because you are a thinker and not a feeler, doesn´t mean you´re a stranger to emotions xD

• I rather be a thinker actually.
    I do depend heavily on my intuition when making decisions which makes me a feeler, right?
    I'm afraid my intuition is never always unerring which makes me want to be a thinker.

• @I do depend heavily on my intuition when making decisions which makes me a feeler, right?
      I am a feeler too but I depend heavily on my observation (S) rather than my intuition (N) when making decisions. And I think you are a good observer too :-)

Also, there are 4 types of THINKERS who depend heavily on their intuition when making decisions-- ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ.

You are one of a kind, which is why I call you Mr 1% :-)

• Thinker. Worth more to me. Hard to explain.

• Feelings let us know what we think, if we only understand what our feelings are actually saying.

I see benefits in both and wouldn't want to be without the other. But if I had to choose I would choose a feeler every time.

• I am a very logical person, so I would rather be a thinker. I am a thinker.

• I am probably 70/30 Thinker/Feeler

• Thinker. Feelings can deceive us.

• Both are the same. Feeling is an interpretation of the current senses. Thinking is an interpretation of the state of being. All thought has root in what has been observed. In other words you think in familiar concepts then integrate them to form "New" ideas (Reference Hume).

Mastery of feeling. Mastery of thought. The two coincide.

• I'd rather be a thinker, I'll share why.

Your thoughts are as concrete as is your control over your own mind. My control over my mind is very good, so my thoughts are firm and solid.

Feelings, even when well controlled, remain rather changeable when confronted with a stimulus, and they don't offer much potential for information or learning.

Emotion acts as a notice for my emotional constitution.

• I'm both and I prefer to be both.

• thinker, because feelings get in the way of being rational

Plus even plants can feel but they aren't remotely considered intelligent.

• I'm both and it's hell.

• I am a good mix of both, and I like it that way.

• i am a thinker and i couldn't see myself any other way

• Free thinker for sure.

• Depends who you want me to feel.

• im a thinker, feelings are feelings there not always right

• Feeler! Because boobies

• I'm definitely more of a thinker but I wish I was more of a feeler so I would be less bored and more invested in things

What Girls Said 16

• I rather feel! hahah! I am not good at thinking! I don't think most of the time. hahah I am kidding. I have to think or else why would i be thinking of thinking hmmm? Logic!

• I am both... but more of a thinker

• I'm a feeler currently and it sucks. I would rather be a thinker.

• Thinker, because they worry less. And do you, by any chance imply something on the MBTI? If so I am an ESFP, so a feeler, but I would rather be a thinker.

• They are both really crappy. I'm both. I feel too much and I think too much.

• I am definitely more of a thinker

• I would rather be a thinker. I prefer logic and reasoning over emotions.

• I think in my case it is 50/50, I am rational and i am emotional but when i have to choose between listening to my heart or listening to my mind, i always choose the last one.

• Yeah, but sometimes our brain tells us to listen to our heart ;- )

• I think I need to do more thinking and less feeling LOL 🙈

• İ am both.

• Well I'm both but if I had to choose, I'd say thinker.

• philosopher

• I'm more of a feeler, I like it that way 😛 But I should think a bit more sometimes lol

• i'm a 100% feeler so grass is greener on the other side

• I prefer being a thinker that way I save myself heart problems with the whole feeling situation.

• I would rather be a thinker but unfortunately I have been blessed to feel a little too much lol (got it from my mother)😂😂😂😂