Can you read Japanese?

I can't, so I don't understand Emojis like 🈳🈹🈶🈚️🈸.
Can anyone please translate all of the Japanese emojis for me?

Oh, and apparently some are Chinese. So weird that they would use either, let alone both...

Most Helpful Girl

• 1|1
    • The explanation of 14 didn't fit but it's the Japanese kanji symbol for moon!

• Also I believe these are supposed to be used for Japanese. 10 is clearly written in Japanese, and it makes no sense why the other symbols (known as kanji in Japanese, written as 漢字) are using their Chinese meanings, with a Japanese sentence emoji thrown in there. You know?

• Thank you!

Most Helpful Guy

• Its Chinese bro. Haha.
    @solitude1 could translate for you.

• How am I supposed to know the difference? I assumed Japanese because it's used so much more.

• 空 = empty;hollow
      割= cut
      有= possess/ to have
      無 =none/unavailable
      申= This Chinese character has tons of meanings, depending on the context. For example, it could mean restraint;clear;repeat etc.

And these Chinese characters could mean something totally different in Japanese so it is safer not to use them if in doubt to avoid misunderstanding. Haha :-D

What Girls Said 3

• nope for the life of me! I don't know!

• I think it is Chinese but here goes "Wanting, or buying an expensive room online"
    I do not think this is right but the letters are hard to see :p

• That's okay, it's along the lines of how I got it as well. ^.~

• My Japanese isn't that good but I recognise the first one as 'sky' and the fourth one as 'nothing'

What Guys Said 5

• www.reddit.com/.../

If you hover over the emoji you can look it up with the code.

• who uses emojis with just a word bubbled. That's dumb to me.

• I can read simple japanese

• I usually just go to a translation site, so if I cheat I can lol

• Thats Chinese bro... those characters originated in China and then the Vietnamese, Koreans, and Japanese adopted them back in the day. Of course now only Japanese and Chinese continue to use these in their writing systems, but the Japanese writing system incorporates an alphabet that is unrelated to the Chinese system of writing.

Bottom line: the first one is pronounced "kong" and has a couple of meanings including sky, empty/hollow, and "in vain".

The second one is a weird character that I have never seen before (its pretty small though so maybe its a different character), I looked it up though and its pronounced "tao" and its an ancient character that means to quell (as in quell a rebellion)

The third one is "you (pronounced yo)" which means "to have"

The fourth one is the traditional form of writing "wu" which means the word "nothing"

The fifth one is another character I have never seen (pronounced "shen") but apparently it is another way of saying Shanghai (the city)(never been to Shanghai so that might be why I've never seen it), and it can also mean "to explain"

There you have it they are translated.