Who gives a fuck about Valentine's day. Do you give a fuck?

Do you care about Valentine's day? If you're single does it have an adverse effect on your psyche? I never understood how an arbitrary day, like Valentine's, can have such an impact on people.

Most Helpful Girl

• I give a fuck because it means all the chocolate is on sale. I don't even need anyone to buy it for me, I'll get it myself if I have to, but either way, get ALL the chocolate!

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 13

• I don't care about valentines day. I used to like it when I was younger cause it meant all the restaurants were giving out special cakes, special foods and discounted options but that is it.

• I don't give a fuck , coz i am single haha

• yeah i give a fuck. i don't have to be in a relationship to appreciate those who still love each other.

• I'm not specifically asking about singles. But those that place a huge significance on the day. Meaning pulling all the stops to show ones love, being mad when your SO doesn't go above and beyond. Those that eat a gallon of ice cream because they are spending it alone. I just don't grasp how a single 24 hrs can be so significant to have an affect on a person.

• meh look, the day is what u make of it. i mean if u wanna pull out all stops, fine with me. but if someone is getting mad when someone doesn't do that, they need to take a chill pill and calm the fxck down -.-

yeah i mean it shouldn't be so big a deal that singles get all depressed and stuff. calm down people!

• I don't give a flying fuck about valentines day. just another day and an excuse for girls to guilt their man into buying them a present

• The holiday itself is pretty stupid. But for me personally, I kind of enjoy seeing all the red shaped heart chocolates and balloons. I know that's something you do for your SO all year round, but sometimes life gets very busy and romantic gestures become fewer as the years go by than when first dating. I don't think the holiday should affect people though. It's only one day and then it's over, it's done. But just like Christmas and the Super Bowl, it gives people something to celebrate whether it's just the idea of love itself.

• zero fucks

• Nope. Its just my off day that day lol!

• Just a day to me, whether single or in a relationship. It's a pretty commercial day, too.

• In the words of Bruce Springsteen

"Don't make no difference what nobody says
    Ain't nobody like to be alone
    Everybody's got a hungry heart

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQSn26zCXYQ

• I love Valentine's Day. I give multiple fucks.

• Well, I don't even have a relationship with anyone, so the only thing i care about the candies.
    It's like daylight savings to me...
    So my caring level is like 40-50%(if that's a thing)

• I'm single and I do not give a dang about Valentines day

What Guys Said 12

• just another day to me, like my birthday.

• Honestly
    Nope
    Just companies making use of our love to sell stuff xD
    There shouldn't be a date to surprise your loved one

• Zero fucks given here! Just a day for women to be wooed and have money spent on them and for guys to not be allowed to expect anything in return.

• I give a fuck, mostly because it's an extremely boring day. All your taken friends are with their SOs, and all your single friends don't want to come out. Unless it's on a Friday or Saturday, then I just round up all the single friends to go out, get drunk, and celebrate our freedom!

• Relationship status prediction confirmed lol

• I give lots of fucks at valentines.. ^.~

• I am hoping to give a fuck. Possibly get a fuck too. Papa can't do all the work.

• Nope, I'll spend it alone, as I always do. I don't know why people feel the 14th of February somehow compels them to be in a relationship.

• Since I'm single, Valentine's day is just a very regular day. Nothing special, I'll just hang out with my single friends.

• Just another day for me like any other day.

• I can't give one, i don't have no one xD

• I would if I had someone to give it to.