How to stop being afraid of white people?

I get incredibly uncomfortable and nervous when I'm near a white person. Well, not all white, but the ones who look pale and northern-ish, especially old white women.

Most Helpful Guy

• They are no different from you and me. After so many times of exposure, you'll get comfortable being around them. Strike up a conversation with them, they're not a ghost or the undead 😕 They just happen to have pale skin by hereditary, they are just as human.

How would you feel when folks of different skin color sees you and steer clear or feel uncomfortable because your features are similar to a terror group? Can't be living in fear all your life, so break that fear.

• I think they'd think exactly that. Shit people say about Muslims... I'm not a Muslim though

• 😂😂😂😂😂

• 😂😂😂😂😂

I'll be telling everyone I'm Mexican and hope they ask no questions.

What Guys Said 14

• I'm incredibly pale and Northern European looking and I'm a big friendly giant. I can't hurt a fly.. I think to face your fear you're going to have to approach and chat up more white folks. There's assholes and good ones out there so you gotta filter out the trash. I'd help you out with exposure type stuff if this wasn't the internet :D

• Thanks ✨🦄

• @Asker Congratulations! You've made your first step to overcome your fear by speaking to this gentleman! Good job dude!

• @Baggz I talk to white people online all the time, it's IRL that makes me uncomfortable 👀

• Well you should understand that we're not to be feared for one, and secondly you just have to put yourself in situations where you will be around us and overtime you will adapt and be less afraid and nervous etc.

• White people lol when will they learn

• exposure therapy bruh

• 1|0
    • Aww, I'm not afraid of white babies 💖

• Date a white boy. Problem solved.

• by stop being racist

• Are you black or Hispanic?

• I'm not American at all. I'm Middle Eastern.

• I'm Iranian and I can somewhat relate with the old white women part

• Iran seems like such a beautiful country, except for the islamic republic part. I'd love to visit someday.

• I feel your pain! I feel uncomfortable around old white pale women too! One way to stop being afraid of them is to go out and meet some of them and actually talk to them and then you might see that they are completely normal, they just look a little different then what you are used to. Who knows they might feel the same way, might be good for everyone!

• I'm kind of scared of white people too, not fear but like they're going to attack me.
    Not all just the racist looking ones.

• Those are the worst. If I went to a white country and those people were being racist to me, I think I would pack my bags and come back just to not deal with them. Imagine I move to Sweden, 30 years pass, I'm a citizen with a steady job and a family. Then I call myself Swedish and those people be like "Haha, you're not Swedish! You're Middle Eastern!" That's a legit nightmare scenario for me.

• Lol, well yeah... you are not native of Sweden (first generation). If they ask you what you are, say, "Human" until they clarify their question. Say, "Swedish" if they asked for citizenship and "(Name of your birth country)", if ethnic. Your bloodline still runs the same until further down your generation is diluted and mixed dominantly by other ethnicity, but still they will still have a small percentage of your bloodline.

• Well, Americans are not native to their country either. I don't think blood is important, you can be a part of both. Problem is, many people don't think so. If I've lived more than I lived in my country of birth and I'm still seen as a foreigner, that would be very upsetting for me. America is pretty great for that, you're never a foreigner, but I won't go there. A little too fucked up for me.

• I'm sure that old woman is more scared of. you

• Why? It's not like they are known for smashing a brick on the side of your head and rifling through your pockets for a couple bucks.

• Same here. Little old white ladies are the worst.

• Stop being a bigot. That should fix it.

What Girls Said 9

• What an odd fear.

Not only the race typically seen as the innocent one but the gender that is seen as innocent AND the age group seen as innocent?

I'm not even mad. That's a very strange and unique fear you have.

• Yeah, they're pretty scary. You never know when they're gonna steal your purse and knife you. That's a huge fear of mine too. Gang member grannies.

• I'm sorry. I promise not all of us are bad and that if you take the time to get to know us, just like anything/anyone else you'll find that we are not scary at all.

• I don't think you're bad people, I just feel weird, like you're aliens. Very different from people I'm used to.

• That's so sad

• I was surprised when I first saw them. They're the same as anyone else living here, the only difference is their skin color.

• Boo!!!
    Did I scare you?

I'm practically translucent. Sorry to hear you are scared of my skintone.

• Don't be offended, I can't help that I get uncomfortable. It only happens IRL thougj.

• I kind of want to move to Europe (or Canada) but I'm a lot more nervous about it than I used to be. You know, before the Syrian refugees.

• man you need to stop with this white hate? Ugh not every white person is evil.

• Don't confuse it with "ugh white people are so evil!!! slavery!!!" thing people sometimes do. I don't think they're evil. I'm just really awkward and uncomfortable around them.

• They make me uncomfortable too. Exposure is key. Use sun screen

• why are you afraid of them? I mean I am very pale and tall but I do have dark blondish brown hair tho so would you be afraid of me? Because I can say there is absolutely nothing to fear :P
    Do y ou have bad eperiences in the past regards this? Or what are thoughts that come up within your mind when you think about white people and especially the ones you fear

• Not exactly "bad", but I had very awkward experiences because of my bad accent. I asked this English lady for a pen and she showed me her passport! And then when we were about to leave the hotel I asked this German family to take a picture of them for my Trip Advisor review, which I ended up never writing (the picture died with my old phone). I can't find the words that easily when I'm talking. I think I got too close to the guy. I got so nervous I forgot my bag and they had to ship it to Istanbul.

• Im sure people understand if you English isn't that good :) I would try my best to understand you. It doesn't mean they think badly of you or anything. You have to find the source of your anxiety, which are specifics thoughts you have.

• Maybe some kind inferiority complex? I never had a high self esteem. Not like I hate myself, just that what I appear like to others before they get to know me.

• white pills daily

• what... why