Am I making sense here?

Chances are at some point while reading this you'll feel the urge to scream at your screen, call me all sorts of names, and do unspeakable things to me. Don't flip your shit, just hear me out.

Couple of months ago I crashed my car. I was drunk... Go ahead vent it out, I'm gonna wait... I rear ended another car, the collison resulted in two totaled cars and my license getting suspended for 3 years. Insurence didn't cover jack shit because I was intoxicated. The whole ordeal cost me somewhere around 7K$. My wallet took a hit, but I can deal with that.

Ever since the crash all everyone's been telling me is: "You're so lucky, that no one got hurt." "God saved you." "Thank god that you got off so easy." "It coul've been so much worse", and all that horseshit. And I've honestly had it up to *here* with it. You know what? I don't feel fucking lucky. I lost a lot of money, my car's gone, I won't be able to legally drive for 3 years, and I have to listen to all these sanctimonious assholes lecture me for god knows how long. Having a car wasn't just a convinience to me, it helped me deal with a lot of stress.

As a matter of fact I feel like lady luck took a gianormous dump on me. See, I've driven drunk before, like a lot (I've heard it all by this point, but you're welcome to try and come up with something) With varying levels of intoxication and have *never* had a close call even. Now if something you've done a lot of times (like crossing the street), and has never resulted in any harm, one day ends with you in a hospital bed; Would you say that you were lucky simply because of the fact that "it could've been much worse"? "Well it wasn't my fault some drunk driving maniac ran me over. You had it coming!" you say of course. Well you could've avoided that with looking the both ways before stepping onto the street, it's not like car dropped out of the sky.

But I digress. What I’m trying to say here is, sure I’m glad that no one got hurt, but this “You’re lucky, it could have been so much worse” bullshit is getting on my nerves already. You know what, IT COULD HAVE BEEN BETTER! Like everything COULD HAVE ended normally, like it has so many times before.
Anyways, I’m mostly venting here. I’ll get a lot of hate for this, by this point I’m so desensitized I can’t even hurt my feelings. Hopefully someone will understand, not condone, but understand.
Sencerely yours, Drunk Asshole that ran over your mom.

What Girls Said 1

• Don't they have Iber where you live?

• Nope.

• "should have said Uber" I got that.

I don't live in the US and the world is a large place. They don't have Uber everywhere.

• Well you shouldn't have expressed the number in American currency. Either way I have zero sympathy for you and the best advice I can give is that instead of painting yourself into a corner as a victim of unlucky circumstances, take responsibility and learn from this event. Otherwise you are likely to repeat it. Best

What Guys Said 1

• Hey guess what? don't drive drunk and you won't have to deal with any of that bullshit.

"As a matter of fact I feel like lady luck took a gianormous dump on me. See, I've driven drunk before, like a lot (I've heard it all by this point, but you're welcome to try and come up with something) With varying levels of intoxication and have *never* had a close call even. "

now that my friend, that is luck.

" Now if something you've done a lot of times (like crossing the street), and has never resulted in any harm, one day ends with you in a hospital bed; Would you say that you were lucky simply because of the fact that "it could've been much worse"? "

no because thats not illegal. Dude I don't get how your mind rationalizes illegal activity like an every day thing. They say you're lucky because if you were caught DUI you could've been imprisoned, you could have killed someone - there goes your whole fucking life.

Only 7k and you still haven't learned your lesson? I don't think you're lucky honestly, just sounds like you haven't grown up yet and you're older than me.

I suggest you take a step back and reevaluate yourself. If my post upsets you in anyway, it'll only prove the point I'm trying to drive home here. Driving intoxicated is reckless and if anything happens you only have yourself to blame. I don't believe any of that karma or god bullshit your friends are saying, but lets be real - keep breaking the law you're eventually going to face concequences at some point.

So to answer your question, no you're not making sense.

media.giphy.com/media/99TrLm9NWthAI/giphy.gif

• See, you're dealing in "could have"s, thing with that is, there are infinite possibilities. I could have killed next Hitler for example.
      As for legality of drunk driving, I'm not debating that. If you read my post you'd notice never have I said that drunk driving should be legal, or they shouldn't have taken my license. All I'm saying is that *Statistically* speaking if an activity, no matter how risky it's perceived to be, doesn't lead to any harm or danger on dozens of occasions it's not really a lucky break.