How important is physical contact?

How important do you think physical contact is in our lives in general? I'm not talking about sex, I'm talking about hugs, holding hands, being caressed. Things like that.
And if someone doesn't get it, or doesn't get enough, do you think there are repercussions? If so, what kind?
Thanks!

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• i think it's important because this is how we bond, but not so much that our lives depend on it. we just crave it because we know how wonderful it feels.

kinda like pizza... u don't need it to stay alive.. but it's just so damn good that you just have to have it.

What Guys Said 3

• Very

• It's important for creating bonds, among other things.

• Extremely important it's a basic human necessity.

What Girls Said 2

• It's very important to me. Physical touch is my love language and I feel loved when I'm being touched. Thankfully my boyfriend is very touchy and always wants to hold my hand or kiss me. I'd say without it I feel lonely and unloved.

• It is very important. It is way of showing love. It doesn't have to be lover. A friend , mother you can feel love by only hugging them.