"Baby It's Cold Outside" is it rape?

Do you believe the song "Baby It's Cold Outside" is about date rape?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Even if the guy was horny, he was still looking out for her

In the song, there was a blizzard and it was apparently up to her knees. Even if that was an exaggeration, it would most logically be that a car wouldn't be able to operate in that kind of weather. Even if it did, it's a blizzard, where visibility is extremely low

If she'd had left, she'd have probably died in that blizzard, or had to keep the air running in her car all night to prevent freezing to death

Also in the song, every reason she gave had nothing to do with HER wanting to go. She mentions her family members as reasons to leave every time. That tells us that she wants to stay, but her family would worry about her

She was forced to stay regardless

• Yeah, but even if he is apparently looking out for her safety he is still aggressively going after her (the lyrics about what is in the drink indicate he is trying to weaken her reluctance through intoxication). She may indeed be attracted to him, but a woman's reasons for saying no are irrelevant (even if they are what we would consider bad reasons such as the man's race, economic status, or the feelings of her parents), all that matters is that she said no.

• A common thing in old timey media is to ask what's in the drink. I've seen it in many old TV shows. Obviously it has a different connotation in the modern world, but back then it was a joke statement to blame the drink

And like I said, she couldn't leave regardless and expressed no desire to leave

You came in already on the rape side, so me trying to explain to you is pointless. Look it up if you haven't already

What Girls Said 2

• Nah... it's about a persistent dude and a powerful willed woman - she doesn't give into him and he tries... because he's extra horny.

• I thought of ed sheeran when I saw that 😂

What Guys Said 6

• at least one version of the song is
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hEJQbEYjRg

• Nope that song was never in anyway about rape.

• This song? It starts after about a minute...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zV0hwZwNQZc

• No, it is the one Waffles731 linked to except the roles have been switched in that version (female parts are sung by a man and male parts by a woman).

• I was joking haha :p

• According to modern standards, yes. The girl is like she has to go home and obviously she isn't up for sex. So no means no, right? And in the video he has his hands all over her. It's a bit disturbing.

• Of course 3 femenazis vote yes.

• they like to throw that accusation now they pin it on the weather what next my sandwich raped me