Would it be positive or negative if we could time travel and stop someone from dying?

Someone that either died in an accident or got murdered.

For instance if I were going back to March 31, 1995 and somehow stopped this crazy fan (by probably stealing her purse and showing her the gun she was about to use) from shooting former singer Selena Quintanilla.

If we had the ability to do that, would the future alter for the better or worst.

0|0
3|6

Most Helpful Guy

• The Butterfly of Doom would seek vengeance. The changes would be mostly bad. I even demonstrate this in a Camelorum Adventures crossover fanfic. Carly (locked up in Camelorum for having uncontrollable randomness powers) gets Percolated along with Jenny Jane to S1Ep10 of Orange is the New Black, and they try to save Tricia. However, their antics only result in her becoming that much more of a martyr, as well as turning Menendez into a Sith lord. Oops. The Percolation punishes them by trapping them in a 1980s dom com, where they meet a blatant knockoff of ALF.

They're extra careful in the 80s not to step on too many butterflies. Though, they do visit a Fretter store after Belf and Geoff take them to one. When they find themselves back in their native universe, they're happy - even though it's still Camelorum. And the weirdest thing they have to worry about outside the walls of Camelorum are Accel the Aardvark and Dr. Bamboolid fighting again. At least the Judo Iguanas are keeping quiet.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It would be negative. Death is simply a part of life. It's a natural occurrence and going back in time to change just one thing like that would obviously impact the future in a big way.

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 5

• That's small time. By the way I visit a friend that's an inmate with her at the prison she's in. No go back to kill Mao, Stalin and Hitler. They're #1,2 and 3 murderers respectively.

1|0
    0|0
  • As long as the murderer has already been done for it otherwise they would never get done if victims kept returning to life. Serial killers dream machine...

1|0
    0|0
  • i think it depends on who the person is and how much influence they have on others.
    for instance if martin luther king jr was not killed i fell the US would be more tolerant of different races , so that would be a positive
    just the opposite would happen if some like Hitler was saved.
    but if this theory is correct some who never made much impact on everyone would have less influence on if it would be good or bad.

1|0
    0|0
  • In the right hands both

1|0
    0|0
  • Well... I'm pretty sure someone went back in time to tell a British soldier not to shoot a certain wounded German soldier back in the First World War... Because that arsehole saved Hitler.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• grandfather paradox if she wasn't killed than u would need to go back and save her but you would still have to go back.. its a infinite loop

1|0
    0|0
  • Well considering you're completely changing the future to who knows what then it's probably bad.

1|0
    0|0