What is the age most people settle down have kids and get married?

Okay so I'm 24 I was just wondering what is the most common age people settle down have kids and live together like a family? I don't want this just yet maybe when I'm 35 but what is the most common age. I'm starting to feel abit worried it could be my age?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd say it's based on your dynamics.

I got married at 30 because I was just kind of partied out in Tokyo, was getting tired of drinking and singing and rowdy places every single weekend, my career was getting stable, wanted a house with the girl I was living with who I felt I could spend the rest of my life with, and wanted kids.

Some of it is also just the biological machinery. It becomes increasingly difficult for women to have kids as they get older, so there's a window of opportunity there that can start to close if you wait too long.

To me it's smart to kind of get a feel for it by living together before, but no shared income. Then you have a shared household but not the shared income. Shared income was one of the toughest things for me to accept about marriage, since it no longer meant I could just buy whatever I wanted, splash money around at bars on drinks, etc., since it's not only me anymore who will pay the consequences of that.

Most Helpful Girl

• Anywhere between 25 and 40 I think is quite typical.

• 40? Wow, I never thought of reaching mid 30s without marriage is common.

• @DBAOracle a lot do but not if it means rushing marriage.

• Yeah, it makes sense.

What Guys Said 6

• Late 20s/early 30s.

• It seems to be in their late 20s in the USA

• I think it's around 29 for women.. and... 33 for men.

• I'm never settling down. Maybe when I'm 60.

• It's actually 25 when someone is married and has kids for Women and usually 27 for Men

• Yeah I'm thinking around 35.

What Girls Said 3

• By me? 17-21

Yeah, you read that right. Be amazed. Be alarmed. Move passed it.

• I don't think there is a common age.

Probably 20-25 girls.

• I married very young, I was only 18. It's been three years and i don't think im ready for babys. my husband already asked me about it but nooo... I know i want to, but not for now, maybe at age 24?