Your mistakes do not define you: Agree or disagree?

• I agree
  • I do not agree

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe I mistook the wording, but I think of my whole character as having largely evolved from the sum of my mistakes.

Mistakes have always been the best teacher to me in life, to learn the hard way, but the most effective way.

It's also impossible to escape our mistakes as I see it, they'll always kind of follow us in some way, and I think it's easier to simply accept responsibility for them and realize that they make us who we are.

Perhaps I misunderstood the intent behind this wording. If the idea is that we don't have to repeat our mistakes, that there's always a way to change, then agree. But I think our mistakes do, indeed, define us.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it depends on what the mistake is. Some are really huge and you can't really come back from them. As for minor mistakes, I agree that they don't define you.

What Guys Said 8

• No, they don't!. I agree.

• Everyone makes mistakes, so they do define you... especially if you make a lot of them.

-Obamas mistakes makes him who he is... HE IS his mistakes, lol. In the Future, people will be saying... "Oh no, I obamad again" instead of "fucked up"

• ... of course people can learn from their mistakes, as long as they didn't do them on purpose.

• The way you deal with your mistakes and learn from them is what defines you, so in a sense, your mistakes do somewhat define you.

• Well, that depends on the size of the mistake, doesn't it?

And if one has not made a mistake that is big enough to change oneself, then has one really lived?

• I disagree.

• As xobrowneyedbeauty says it would depends on the severity but as far as average or minor mistakes no they don't. It's how you handle them and learn from them IF you handle and learn from them that define you

• If its a huge fuck up then yes

it did for ole willy Clinton. but lets say you spill milk then nah.

• Why do you try to define yourself?

What Girls Said 4

• i believe that mistakes shape u into the person you are today. they do not define you, but they put you on the path to being a better or worse individual, depending on how u approach the mistake.

• Nah my mistakes are stepping stones.

• If you keep making the same mistake over and over then yes, they definitely define you

• If my mistakes define me, then I guess that makes me a suicidal, slutty stripper.