Can the average American not answer these simple questions?

• Yes
  • No
  • other
I know the respondents are cherry picked but I want to know how close to the truth it is

Most Helpful Girl

• Sadly, I would say the "average" American cannot answer most simple civics related questions. It is true that they hand pick the dumbest answers for these shows to make them funny. But still, many Americans (across most age/race/gender demographics) only know what they hear on little 15 second sound bytes, and don't care to inform themselves about what really goes on.

This sad state of affairs is how Trump and Clinton are leading the election polls right now. People are too intellectually lazy to learn about the issues, and draw their own conclusions based on their research vs. what someone else on TV or You Tube told them to think.

Thanks for making me sad. LOL.

Most Helpful Guy

• Information overload results in focusing on what you want or need to know. The rest is naturally regarded as unnecessary.

What Girls Said 3

• They show just the ones in this show that say stupid sh*t.
    There was something like this in Romania and when they asked which language do we speak (from a Romanian in Romanian) he said that we speak Latin. Or when a woman was asked on which planet do we live and she didn't know that we live on Earth.

• Its a sad state of affairs to not know those basic snswers but this is a bit outdated, currently the Speaker Is actually Paul Ryan after Boenher abruptly resigned last year.

• Haven't watched the whole video but I almost didn't know any of them, but then I'm also not American.

What Guys Said 13

• i couldn't answer those to save my life

• Fine. I won't answer them.

• "Average American" meaning "The dumbest ones we found in our sample". It's like that weird video with the woman walking around and getting sexually harassed by "every" man in the video.

• Chief justice? Speaker of the House? All I could do is shrug

• They asked mostly civics questions, and no one cares about that. That's how well our country is being ran. If you have to care that much about politics, some shit's about to go down.

They should have asked some more history questions.

• I can't answer most of them lol. But, i'm not American, so it's not too bad xD

• I couldn't. Well to be fair, I'm American BC I was born there. No family there or anything. I left after a month and never went back until I was 17.

• Why in hell would anyone want to be an American citizen?

• I know you have to pay taxes even if you work abroad

• A tax to the local municipality maybe on the house but Im talking about income tax

• I know right? They always hit the little guy.

• C'mon dude... what did you expect :D

• they are a silly bunch

• Didn't care to watch. I've seen several of these types of videos before. As some others have said, they are either cherry picked or they are outright paid to act like that.

As for the validity of them, I doubt. It makes you guys feel better about yourselves though. I guess it serves a purpose.

• I didn't know any of these. It's not about being smart though, it's history and stuff

• Didn't watch, but they cherry pick all the dumb answers.

• Most americans are actually full of feminist propaganda than any logic.