Do you believe in superstitions?

• I do
  • Meh, I don't

Most Helpful Guy

• I get what you're trying to ask, but you could've phrased it a little better.

Superstitions are necessarily things people believe, obviously some are beliefs be it religious or other, and most superstitious people don't follow superstitions because they believe it to be true. The fact that it is almost guaranteed to do nothing is what makes things into superstitions. An easy way to summarize this is "Its Not True, BUT I Believe It."

Obviously you can't prove knocking on wood will break a jinx, walking under ladders is bad luck, or that throwing salt over your shoulder will bring good luck. Since these things aren't "true" they're superstitions.

So again, I agree with your original question but I think you should have asked if people are superstitious, not if they believe in them. But who am I to say, I still knock on wood.

Most Helpful Girl

• Nah I don't! I don't thik its real.

What Guys Said 12

• Do I believe in superstitions? Yes, I do. In fact, I know superstitions exist. Many people have them, women in particular.
    Do I believe in superstitious beliefs? No, I certainly don't.

• I'm of the opinion that believing in superstitions will bring me bad luck :-)

• I'm not superstitious, just a little stitious.

• Could you give an example? Most of the time I see people think of something "superstitiously" they have just got it wrong.

• Do you believe in God?

• @Sexualchrist I believe that God is a symbol good and evil, right and wrong, created by all the collective human minds, thoughts and opinions of this world. God decides the core values that we must adhere to in the world and we will be judged by God according to our actions on the judgment day, the day when a future mind/minds look back at us judges how we acted. Just like how we look back at famous historic persons. Erasure of journals will save us from being judged and make us look good if we did something bad.

• From that answer, I would say you're not superstitious.
      From what my understanding of what you mean is anyway.

• Some yeah.

• No a lot of them are ridiculous.

• nope, I don't :P

• ... Nope...

• I try not to, it only makes my anxiety worse.

• I do at times out of habit. :-P

• totally man. the SRV version of them
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37-yFGJngPs

• I'm not superstitious but I believe in superstitions, as in I believe other people are superstitious

What Girls Said 3

• I do, but according to the poll I guess I'm odd because I'm the only one. I only believe them to an extent though.

• i choose to take the safer path, like i would NEVER try the bloody Mary thing in the bathroom, hell to the no... but i don't really believe in it either lol

• Yeahhh