Mentally abusive, alcoholic father?

My father is an alcoholic and is mentally abusive, I'm usual, y a happy person but he's really gotten to me and my whole family, he hasn't really gotten physically yet. He has tried to but never succeeded. I just need someone to talk to and give advice please I'm only 15 and I don't know what to do anymore.

Most Helpful Guy

• You can look into al-anon. It might be beneficial to you and your family. Help you to deal with him. Sadly your father won't get sober until he's ready to, not when anyone else is ready for him to get sober.

Most Helpful Girl

• Tell a teacher at school or something. You shouldn't be in an environment like that.

What Guys Said 3

• Sorry for your situation. I grew up with an alcoholic who wasn't cruel in any way. He just wasn't there for me.
    Do you have an adult close to you who you trust?

• I'm so sorry

• Been there. What do you need advice on?

• Honestly everything. I used to be so happy I'm only 15 and he makes me feel like I have nothing

• Is there any way to avoid him when he's around? I used to avoid getting confrontational and just leave the room if he entered so he would just argue out loud expecting everyone to hear him while he cooled off. Not sure how your father is and whether that's possible.

• I try to leave , but he either doesn't stop still or my pride gets to me

What Girls Said 1

• You need to discuss it with your mother or another adult responsible for you.

• I have we are all aware of it but don't know how to stop it.