Is it weird to be kinda scared to drive?

Ok so I'm 15 and I have my permit and stuff and I've driven some but it's been kinda a while now, but I don't know I'm kinda afraid. But I do want to drive. But I don't know like both of my brothers have like hit other cars when driving and stuff and been into accidents but my sister hasn't but I don't know like I'm scared to like get into a bad accident or something. But my mom and sister always reprimanded me because I don't drive that often but in reality my mom has never liked teaching us to drive because I guess it stresses her out which in turn makes me nervous. My dad tries to teach me but I feel like it's too much all at once and I like panic in the middle of traffic. Ugh. I don't know what to do or how to be okay and calm when it comes to driving. Plus my sister always says that I need to drive more and stuff but whenever my middle brother hit a car or got a ticket she never lets him live it down and stuff and I really don't want her to do that to me. So what do I do to not be afraid? Any tips?

Most Helpful Guy

• Go out of town and start driving there

Most Helpful Girl

• not at all, it's so normal at ur age. id advise u to ask ur dad to start u off in less crowded places and then slowly transition into busier traffic. u can't just b put on main roads from the start, too risky for u and for him.

What Guys Said 1

• Drive where it's quieter

What Girls Said 1

• It's normal to feel that way. I think the best you can do is ease into it. I started out driving on small back roads and such where there weren't many cars and I could go as slow as I wanted to.