Question about getting pregnant?

Girls, if you really wanted kids, but you are single, would you find some other ways to get pregnant and raise the child on your own? I'm almost 31, i'm single, i'm not even close to having a SO, but I really want a baby. Advice?

Most Helpful Girl

• If youve got the money, time and everything else necessary to raise a child then go ahead and do it...

• I do. What is your opinion on raising one alone vs. With a SO?

• Im indifferent, its completely up to the individual.

What Guys Said 4

• But I don't understand OP why would you want to get prego without an SO? DO you like babies or something? Ew.

• Yes. I love them. And I know i'd love them even more if they were my own. Plus, a man is just unnecessary stress in my life.

• But you're so nice though... Are you a good cook?

• Well... I harbour similar thoughts as you, although I'm a man. I want to be a dad SO bad. But it's almost impossible legally for a single man to adopt, so unless I actually get a partner, I would probably be denied the joys of being a father. :(

• I'll come knock you up.

• Well if you plan on ever getting a SO in the future, it's gunna be much harder with a child.

• It's already hard enough to get one at my age. Especially with my standards.

• I see, so you resorted to a cat. Hey if a baby will make you happy and you can support him/her then go for it. Of course have both parents is always better.

I know I learned cooking and cleaning from my mom, and building fixing things from my dad. It's also great to get different views and experiences from two big role models.

Honestly, if your set on it then just do it, otherwise you'll regret it.

What Girls Said 3

• I think it's incredibly selfish to bring child onto this world without a father. Children need mothers and fathers. As someone who didn't grow up with fatherly love I can assure you it is a huge disadvantage and I wouldn't wish it upon anyone. It can be a burden on you as a mother and cause your child to feel unloved too when you have to work around the clock to support your child. I just think it's cruel and could never do that to another human being on purpose.

• I understand your point, but what if I don't meet someone that I feel would treat me and my child right? i'm only getting older and soon enough, it'll be too late to have children. I know that the child would be loved and cared for, so why not have it on my own?

• There are millions of babies who don't even have one parent and yet you want to bring a new baby purposely into this world who will never have a father or get to experience a family with 2 parents. I just don't see how that's just or fair. I'd rather say adopt then and give a child the chance to at least have a parent as that is better than nothing but like I said, I think it's just plain selfish to choose to raise a child without a father. It's something you won't get till you've been hurt by not having a dad around.

• Who said my dad is around? My Mom has been in my life way more than my Dad. I never see my Dad. In fact, it's because of my Dad that I find it extremely hard to trust men. But, we are all entitled to our own opinion. I wouldn't classify someone as selfish until you know the reasoning behind something.

• maybe adopt? or getting articifical pregnancy? Or wait forever?

• Sperm bank?