I HATE being short? How do I get over this insecurity?

Im 5'4 and I hate it. I wish I was tall. Tall girls are considered more beautiful

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not true that tall girls are more beautiful. Models are basically human coat hangers I wouldn't compare yourself to them. Tall girls can be beautiful in my opinion but only if they have curves, If they're super skinny they look like stick figures, totally unatractive, to me at least. I don't think you should be too worried about your height, guys don't care about it that much. I don't really know how you can get over it, it's something that can happen instantly or take years because it's all mental.

• Thank you

• by the way my celebrity crush is 5.08 ft. Girl's Generation Sunny check her out, she's super cute :). She has also said though that she'd like to be taller.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm 5'7 and can assure you there's nothing so great about being tall. I can't wear cute heels because then I tower out above everyone. I feel unfeminine when talking to shorter girls and don't feel "cute". Also plenty of guys like shorter girls. It doesn't make you more or beautiful either. You can be short and beautiful too.

What Guys Said 26

• Don't hate your height, it's actually pretty good and you have a wide selection in men, especially if you're looking for guys taller than you. The tallest men living reaches the heights of 8 feet. Average height for men are generally 5'10".

So imagine if you wanted to be taller, you'll be looking for men that are a little bit taller than you or higher. Remember not all guys like to date or be with a tall woman either. So love yourself. I like your height.

By the way, that's a misconception. Just to let you in on something, not all tall women are beautiful or attractive.

• They're perceived as more attractive

• So me being 5'4 can be as attractive as a girl who's 5'10?

• Absolutely! I know friends who are always doing some pictorials that have the same height as you and they are quite attractive.

• Realize that the man God has for you will absolutely love you being short. Don't fantasize about being different than you are. You are perfect the way you are.

• http://i.imgur.com/lwRsDAUh.png
    I don't know what your talking about tall girls are more beautiful most guys find short girls equally as attractive look how the dating pools for girls peaks at 5'6" your also not even short 5'4" for a girl is not short your average. I'm 5'4" for a guy and they are actually considered unattractive but you know what i ain't wallowing in self-pity complaining about things i have no control over because let me tell you someone who just sulks about that shit is a massive buzzkill that everyone finds completely unattractive.

• Just because you're short doesn't mean you're not beautiful. I've met tall women who look like dogs and I've seen much shorter women, even dwarfs, who look absolutely stunning. The trick, I've learned, is totally owning who you are. You're short, but dammit that ain't gonna stop you from being a knockout. If you own it, don't let it bother you, and start to become more confident in yourself, you'll be totally fine.

• Who says tall women are more beautiful? I'm attracted girls of average height and shorties

• Models. They're all tall

• Ya, but a lot of them are skinny and not overly attractive.

• hun short girls are the cutest yes tall girls are pretty but too tall is horrible
    trust me short is sexy

• "Tall girls are considered more beautiful?" Since when? Not hating on tall women, but since when?

• Since always. Look at models

• Well, it's not true okay... Let me not say that, it has to do with preferences Majority prefers 5'8" below tho

• 5'4"-5'7" seems to be normal where I'm from here in New England. 5'2" or less would be short in my opinion. The only difficultly I've encountered with short women is running into them rounding a cubicle wall corner if you can't see the top of their head. I think they're 65" so that makes it 5'5" where I can usually see just the top of your head with your shoes and hair.

• You're not short. You're average height.

• Know your not the only one who is so short and that there are shorter people out there. Seeing your friends smack their heads against branches and door posts while you walk casually under them also helps.

• Yea usually the taller girl has a one up on the shorters ones... they just stand out more

Its hard to be a world class babe if you dont have the height... well same for guys

• Really hard to understand what you're saying with no punctuations.

• No It'S nOt h-a-r-d to uNdErStaNd, t-h-a-t is JuSt yOU

• Okay.

• I am sure your beautiful as you are.

• 5'4" is about average... I wish I were shorter, lol

• Shorter women are better though because well I guess more feminine.

• I wonder how models date taller men?

• What do you mean?

• well logically if a woman is 6'1 then she would have a hard time finding taller men even if she is a model because most men aren't that tall. Even Karlie Kloss is dating a man her height when she DOESN'T wear heels. @asker

• No way are tall girls more beautiful. I prefer short all day every day.

• but think of all the money you can save on clothes : )

• My girlfriend is 19 and 5"4 too... dont worry about it

• Shorter girls a

• The girls i like are kinda short. They are about your hight.

• You are absolutely mistaken on both counts.

• That's a really good height actually.

• Hahaha really u look really fine in this height

• That's not true I like a girl because she is short

• As a 6 feet tall guy. 5'4" would be ideal for me in a girl. So don't feel bad. Be proud of it!

• More men prefer short to tall, at least in north america. In some countries it's the other way around. In either case, men are divided on which they prefer.

If you're basing this on models, models are tall not because it's more beautiful, but because of the optical impression it gives in a photo.

What Girls Said 17

• Hey, if this whole tall=beautiful idea comes from fashion models, then, check out my comment here:
    www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1894392-why-can-t-models-be-short (mho comment)

That asker is specifically talking about becoming a model, but, most of what I said applies here, too.

In the real world of planet earth, height is pretty much a non-factor in female beauty.

• I am only 5'1 so you aren't short compared to me. hahah

What you can't change, you have no choice but to accept it. It's pointless being overly concerned about something which you have no control over. It'll just take the joy away from your life, and lower your self-esteem

Everyone has something they'd like to change about themselves... I would love smaller boobs, but i can't change that fact (unless i had surgery lol)

• I'm 5'4" and love it and so does my boyfriend. Focus on all the positives of being 5'4"
    You fit well in airplane seats, stores usually have clothes in our size readily Available. Your husband will be able to carry you over the threshold on your wedding day. We can wear heels with most every guy. That's just a few but you may have more in your own life❤️

• Don't hate it. A lot of guys like short girls and short girls are still pretty. You can wear heels without fear, and pull off acting cute. I also think short girls look very cute in knee length dresses, kind of like a fairy.

• I'm 5'2" girl and NO MAN EVER has complained about my height. It does not matter.

• You wear heels and you stand up tall and proud.

• Says who? Almost every guy I know is into short girls. Tall girls don't get nearly as much attention as short ones do.

• Why are the guys hating on tall women? I am 5'7" and I can tell you that the short girls are always getting asked out more so there's that...

• 5'4 isn't that short at all. You could be 5'0 like me instead.

• I'm sorry you think 5'4 is short.

This, coming from someone who is 5'1 at best.

• I'm 5'2 and kind of would have liked to be 5'4, but I'm mostly happy with my height.

• i'm 5'1 and all guys i have come across LOVE my height. small is better in my opinion. we can wear any heals we want, we can date whatever height because every guy is around 5'10, forehead kisses! we fit perfectly into hugs and so much more

stop defining beauty as what you see in the media, that isn't real. beauty comes in all different shapes and sizes and yes that includes height

• I'm 4"11 and I love it. Guys seem to like it too, it's feminine and cute... What's not to love about being short?

• I'm 5'2" and have never felt like that's hampered my physical appearance.

• There are clothes you can wear to elongate your height ( heels, dresses, etc.)

If that doesn't work, learn to love what you have because someone is probably looking at you wishing they had your height.

• You're not that short in my opinion. And if you are considered that from people around you, you may be one of those cute types. :D

• and I thought being 5'4 makes guys want to protect you over girls who are almost 5'9.