What is one thing that you would change/fix about your personality?

For me it would be how passive I am. I am trying to become more assertive because my passivness has caused problems with my family, friends, and guys. How about you guys? Anything you would change/fix about your personality?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think I can be too kind sometimes where I need to focus on myself more. :/

Most Helpful Girl

• Hmm, one thing? I don't know. It's a combination of stubbornness and being too nice to the point of allowing others to take advantage of me.

What Guys Said 13

• I sometimes tend to be too polite (almost a little submissive) in situations where I shouldn't be. For example the other day I wanted to get on my bike to go home and I had a little accident with another girl who drove past me really fast (I was not sitting on my bike yet, I was just about to get on). I got startled, tried to jump out of her way but couldn't do much because there was a wall next to me, on my right side. Instead of making a d-tour, the girl tried to race through between me and the wall and a fountain on the other side. The space was only 2-3 feet and so it wasn't quite enough. She hit me (which actually hurt quite a lot) and fell off her bike. I walked up to her, took her bike off of her and tried to help her get up. I also asked her whether she's okay or if she got hurt badly. I apologized to her several times. Instead of saying sorry too, the girl got up and she started yelling and swearing at me like crazy. The accident had clearly been her fault. She could have just drove around the fountain on the other side (a few yards away) and it happened on a public square where you definitely shouldn't drive so fast (there were also many elderly people). The girl called me an idiot and all kinds of mean things and yelled "fucking asshole, can't you open your eyes?" That especially hurt me very much because I'm visually disabled. So NO I can't open my eyes more than that. I wish I could. That's what I should have said. I should have told her what a bitch she was for yelling at me while I just tried to be nice and caring. But instead, I kept apologizing for something that wasn't even my fault. A little later, when I got home, I got really annoyed at myself for having been so apologetic and overtly polite instead of standing up for myself. I also have other situations where I do this. For example I'm blind on my left eye and so I can't see if somebody comes from my left side and cuts off my way. People with good eyes could just hop out of the way but I usually end up bumping into these people. It's not something pleasant for me either and it annoys me that people on public places such as train stations cut off my way so much but I usually always end up apologizing although it's not even my fault. I just have a disability, it's not something I should say sorry for. In fact, if strangers actually looked at me closely, they could see that I move around more insecurely than other people. So this apologetic attitude is something I should change.

• I secretly care too much about other people, and because humans are by nature impulsive and they like to make stupid, self-destructive choices, it's left me a very cynical man. I wish I could just snap my fingers and start caring less, I'd be a much happier person.

• nothing. I'm chillin with myself.

• Stop being so shy. I need to open the door and get out there.

• Impatience is a big one I struggle with

• I would give myself great social skills. I'd get much more done if I didn't worry about being crappy with social interactions all the time.

• Impatience and stop worrying

• Probably stop procrastinating so much, I will probably do a lot better in life in terms of getting stuff done.

• I wish I could change how shy and quiet I am around new people

• sometimes i acted really impulsive..

• I'd be more optamestic

• - Passiveness
    - Inability to say 'No' (Progressed quite well here!)
    - Laziness/procrastination
    - Over-thinking
    - "I'm worthless" attitude (Improving a lot!)
    - Stop paying attention on what others think

• I'm the same way. Too passive.

What Girls Said 11

• hmmm nothing! <3 I love my personality.

• My laziness, but it's really hard. @.@
    I was born lazy, and I'm not making an excuse, I was even lazy to eat when I was a baby.

• My impatience

• i would want to be more confident in showing people my personality which isn't as serious/calm/collected as i project.

• Anxiety issues :(

• Being to shy or scared to take chances. I looked back and think, 'gosh, I should have tried it whether I would have made a fool of myself or not'.

• i worry way to much, so i would like to change that

• how awkwardly quiet I am.

• Im cool with who I am. Although I want the stable perfect amount of confidence. It's so shaky, I am confident according to my mood. It's weird.

• stop being so lazy and shy and judgmental about people.

• I'll change nothing. If I am to suffer because of myself, then it's OK. I still like my darling self. Haha