Why would a guy be mean to a pretty girl?

Like smirking and stuff in a condescending way?

He was so nice to the ugly girl I don't get it

Most Helpful Guy

• Eh, some dudes like making an impression on attractive girls and often they criticize something about her or act cold/arrogant to make her think about the incident (him) afterwards so there's that. It's a player move and I've seen it plenty.

It could also be that he actually doesn't really like you though, so don' get on your high horses just yet. Also, the fact that you call yourself the pretty one and the other girl the ugly one kind of says you have an arrogant, bitchy attitude so we'll never know...

Most Helpful Girl

• Because the pretty girl is probably a bitch.

• Then why not just ignor eme instead of smirking at m

• I think this may be it.

Jerk.

• Yeah it's pretty dickish, even if the girl is a bitch (which could be a matter of opinion really, it's not a fact) so yeah.

What Guys Said 18

• Maybe he thought you were the ugly one and the other girl was the pretty one. You sure have an ugly personality for calling other people ugly and bragging about your looks. Ooh well mean people always get what they deserve. good luck having a sucking personality haha

• Yeah no way he thought that.

Also, the reason I don't feel guilty calling her ugly is because she's not a good person. The last time I met her she was being a total bitch to me which just goes to show just because someone is beautiful doesn't mean they're a bad person. Just because someone is ugly doesn't mean that they are a good person either

• XD u simply dont get it, you are hopeless. I think you are to hot for this world, probably all guys act nasty to you because you are such an amazing and pretty girl.

• Nah. Most guys are extremely pleasant and respectful towards me.

Also: just a thought. Maybe I'm a bit vain. But I have never, and I do mean never, gone out of my way to intentionally hurt someone just for the fun of it.

The girl on the other hand, knew I had a horrible year and kept trying to make me feel bad about it, being like all, 'How's your year been?' with fake sympathy, and later on implying I was lying when I said I hadn't taken any job (I hadn't).

So whose the real bad guy now? Someone who has a general sense of awareness of who is considered naturally more attractive and is hurt that a guy who she thought was interesting wasn't really paying attention to her, or the other girl who the guy likely assumed was a sweetheart, who used people's wounds against them

• i think you're overdue for getting over it lo

• Well, being pretty isn't a shield against mean behavior... it can happen.

• It usually is.
      I think he also meant to do it in a, 'Of course. You're the prettier of the two so I'm just going to bow down to you and pay all attention to you. Not. Get over yourself,' kind of way

• Maybe he can tell you have a horrible personality. I mean I just saw what you said to one person below. You said''He is the one with issues if he likes an ugly girl.'' That is fucked up and that says a lot about you. If someone likes an ugly male or female, it doesn't mean they have issues. They either think they have a wonderful personality and or doesn't even think they are ugly, or they like their personality and that is why they want to talk to them, date them, or whatever. Or maybe he assumed right away that you were a bitch, since most young American raised women are bitches, not all but most. Unfortunately, the nice young preety women get stereotyped for the fault of the actions of the bitchy ones, which is most young preety women. If that was the case here and he just guessed you were a bitch, he guessed right.

• Don't you get it? For some reason the guy is on my mind=kind of like him

• Asker it doesn't mean that you should think fucked up stuff though.

• I think he thought I was arrogant and he wasn't up to my level, so he decided to be a jerk. If only he had tried being nice to me and being my friend instead

• because pretty girls are immature and underdeveloped and often act obnoxious from having it easier.

ugly girls have an awesome and admirable personality and heart while pretty girls degenerate from the previledge/power theyre given.

if you're treated like royalty, you're not gonna be a good worker and lifes hard.

• Actually pretty girls have it harder. Girls hate you for no reason. Boys do stupid things like he just did in the above example.

I can be wearing a dress because I want to look good and people will think yup pretty girl wearing dress fishing for guys. And an ugly girl can wear a shorter dress and no one will think anything

I' a super hard worker. And I am a good person.

• Suit yourself

• pm me? let me ask you something

• Because he read somewhere on the internet that he needed to be an asshole to the girl he likes. And voilà.

• because maybe his behavior doesn´t depend on looks... maybe thinks the pretty girl has a shitty character and that´s why.

• How judgmental. He just met me

• I KNOW THIS IS WHAT I CANNOT GET OVER.

I did not enjoy this at all

• yes i do understand this but it´s a value lesson, if you are a pretty girl. cause the world is just shit for men or plain to ugly girls.

i mean there clearly was something about you, that he didn´t like. the variety of reasons is so big, that it doesn´t make sense to point out some of them. just bad luck for you, sorry.

• Playing hard to get

• I think its a passive aggressive way of saying he likes her by being mean to her. I know... its weird science, I don't get it either.

• But I was feeling sad and lonely why not try to be nice to me instead? I would actually appreciate it

• Guys are retarded when a beautiful woman is around, it shows immaturity, maybe its a sign that you shouldn't be interested in him, until he can treat you with respect. Overall, guys should be respectful and nice, but I think there is also that mindset that pretty girls like bad boys. I am not sure, in my eyes, you should be treated with respect :)

• Why do you care if people are nice or not?

• That type of thinking is the answer

• Because he doesn't care about the pretty girl

• Heart break. Why doesn't he care? I felt so alone that day

• Yeah I'd interject in the conversation from time to time. I don't remember. I think he was a bit (very slightly) taken aback but responded nevertheless.

I treated him normal. I wasn't being overly friendly or polite but that's because I was trying really hard to not show I was upset. I was suffering from a pretty severe (start of) depression at the time, and I used to try really hard to act normal when I felt empty inside.

At least, amidst one of the worst phases of my life, I was still a girl enough to wonder why the cute guy with that smile and amazing travelling interests didn't like me

• Well if you show no interest, he assumes you're not into him. So there's your problem.

• Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

• She's flat out ugly. I'd show a picture but I'm not that mean.

• I've discovered most ordinary girls to be a lot more pleasant and interesting to talk to than those, who consider themselves attractive and demanding attention. Beauty is not only external and simple modesty goes a lot further than a bimbo look-at-me attitude.

• He must be insane.

Beautiful women hav a lot mroe to them than most people think. Sometimes I just want to hear I look ugly and I'm stupid and wonder if people would still love me.

Not that I"d ever wish that upon myself. I'm thankful for the blessings I"ve been given.

But it's a lot more complicated than people think it is.

• its a dating technique, he wants you to feel insecure, and to think about him. "am i not good enough for him" "what does she have that i don't" he's attracted to you, and if he's hot like you say then go for it

• Because he doesn't care how pretty you are and he doesn't like you vary much.

• maybe he just doesn't like YOU.

• because we behave to people according to their heart not their appearence. i've treated beautiful crappy women like shit.

• Well maybe he knows both their personalities and he prefers hers

• He doesn't he just met us

• Oh I didn't know the pretty woman you were talking you

What Girls Said 7

• Maybe because the "pretty girl" has an ugly personality and the "ugly girl" has a wonderful personality.

• He barely knew me how can he know what my personality is?

Also the 'ugly' girl turned out to be a hypocrite. I'm a lot of things, but I'm not a hypocrite

• You maybe act mean around him? You act weird when he us around?
    He gets bad vibes from you i think.

• I don't. I acted weird 5 minutes before he met me, but it had nothing to do with him

• Maybe He saw it?
      People are more emotional than we think

• Cuz not everyone's gonna be nice to you. Just how the world is lol

• We also should ignore attractive guys cause I also think they're cocky,, ugly guys are more cocky too, go for average

• He is probably insecure. He feels comfortable around the girl that is less attractive because he feels like she won't reject him.

• maybe he believes in some sterotype like in movies. Mean girls

• the pretty girl was probably pissing him off

• Nah, he didn't look pissed. More like smirkey

• maybe you're just reading into it too much?