Do you accept evolution and if so to what level?

• I believe that life originated by natural means and evolution by natural selection occurred.
  • I believe that the first life was created and all life subsequently evolved and diversifed by natural selection.
  • I believe that the first life was created and subsequently evolved via divine directive
  • I'm an old Earth creationist
  • I'm a young Earth creationist
  • Other

Most Helpful Girl

• All the levels!

Most Helpful Guy

• There's plenty of solid scientific evidence for evolution and natural selection. Against that you have the Fundamentalists and Flat Earthers.

What Girls Said 1

• I can't believe (I'm not against people who believe) in anything supranatural. So I'm going with option A on your poll.

What Guys Said 11

• I think "belief" is a bit of a bad word choice. I wouldn't say "I believe in evolution". I would say I know it's true to the extend that I understand it as somebody who is not a professional biologist but interested in evolutionary biology and the rest is a trust that people who know more about it are correct in their observations.
    I certainly don't believe in any ridiculous religious explanations for the origin of life.

• I'd vote for option A as I find that the most plausible choice
    but I also believe in something a bit different, so I voted Other. ^.~

• Evolution has to exist. It's a process that must occur. It's veracity is no less than that of arithmetic.

• Evolution is an obseravable fact, not a belief. However, I do not totally disclude the possibilty of a higher power (call it God, or whatever floats your boat) having a part in it. Not likely, but I think its possible. There are still small gaps that science can't yet conclusively explain.

• I believe in creation but I also believe in micro evolution.

• But macro evolution has been observed as well http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19845860

• But what was created and what are the limits within which they can diversify and how could we tell?
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_r0zpk0lPFU

• All good questions and not ones I can answer, all I can do is have faith and believe in what I believe.

• Idc tbh

• I believe in evolution

• definitely A for me

• Evolution combined with... you know who ;)

www.openminds.tv/.../I-am-not-saying.jpg

• Yeah completely. It's almost certain that's how we came to be, and certainly much more likely than any other theory

• I believe the big band and evolution to be plausible explanations. However I do not believe that humans modern apes shared a common ancestor.

Divine intervention...