How often do you allow people to lie to you?

Before you cut them off / out of your life?

Does it usually take one big lie, or a series of small lies before you get fed up?

Most Helpful Guy

• depends on the degree of the lie, and the person's status in my life... totally subjective question.

• thank you for the vote, but do take heed that you don't want to work with absolutes... why did he lie? was it out of fear that you'd retaliate? was it something that betrayed you directly? keep an open mind.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 19

• I think this is a personal question as it should be for everyone in this position. Everyone has their own scale and should judge how the lie (s) affect them. You have to set up the scale in your head with a tipping point and say to yourself has that person's action (s) gone past the tipping point where whatever they do it will never make up for the hurt caused to you. So you have to think present, past and future. How hurt am I, what caused this hurt, will anything they do make up for it, can they/will they hurt me again?
    - As I said Jamie it is a deeply personal decision and only you know the answer, everyone's tipping point and possible future is different, think clearly and wisely. I hope whatever you decide you get maximum benefit/luck from it.

• I don't care if they lie to me or not as long as the lie doesn't hurt me. It is when they start impacting my life negatively that I start to cut them out my life.

• I think the main thing for me is that someone is on my side (loalty) and wants to be my friend etc. If someone actually cares about me and I can count on them then I don't really care about lies, if something is ambarassing to them or they just don't want to tell me something idc. I think it's the overall intention and behaviour that counts for me. If thats there then I don't sweat the small stuff. But If I feel like somone doesn't have good intentions, then I get out ;).

• Not very much in real life.. but lots on the internet.. but you get that all the time and just expect it

• for me it's what they lie about not so much how many times, I mean I'll only tolerate it so many times but what they lie about is a much bigger concern for me personally.

• Dated a liar once and ended it cutoff contact immediately. Other than that I really never had that problem

• I don't typically hang around people who have a tendency to lie to me. So, I would say that I don't cut people off very often, but more like fail to hang out with them in the first place.

• i don't care. just don't be a dick.

• People lie to me every damn day. Broken promises but I lose interest in the in a hurry

• Ha, I don't let anyone get away with lying.

• Depends on the context, if it's a justified lie or not.

If it's a lie that offends science without reason.

I will not let it go.

• Each lie that is told causes that individual rating to be downgraded, with the downgrade comes different treatment until they are well aware that I know they are lying and force them to cut connections with me or suffer complete alienation by me.

• "takes two to lie"

someone read sumn.

• my old best friend lied to me just too many times so after we graduated i just didn't make an effort to hang out. he got married, i went to the wedding and that's the last time we've " hung out "

• I think it really depends on what the lie is and who lied to me... can't say just like that

• I'm not really close enough to anybody to cut anybody out of my life.

• Cut them off from your life...

oooooooooooooooooooooooooo

• Well there are lies and then there are LIES. I love hearing that I have the most amazing dique.
    But don't be piss'n on my shoe and tellin' me it's raining.

• Is this about still trying to get laid? Hahahahahaha.

It depends on the lie and who did it and when they did it and how I'm feeling.

• You've got a pretty one track mind don't you?

No, this is about friendships.

• Lol. Sure.

• It's only okay if FBI trolls? XD hahaha.

• Who lied to you?

What Girls Said 5

• It took me a long time to cut my best friend off. He just kept lying to me. Finally, he lied about something that I just couldn't forgive. I asked him to just not do one thing and he did it anyway. I was done after that. I'm unfortunately a believer in second chances, but I gave him 100 and he blew each one.

• I guess I don't know. I don't know if they are lying to me.

• It takes one most of the time unless they accept and really apologize..

• It depends on who that person is in my life. If it's someone that is just a friend and if they disappeared out of my life it wouldn't have much of an affect on me, I probably would distance myself after the first time they lied to me. If that person had a much bigger affect on my life, such as a co-worker, a boss, someone I co-habitated with or we had lots of mutual friends that it would be awkward if we weren't good, those situations are more along the lines of how big of a deal was it?

• Honestly I can straight up forget about someone in like a week... But I don't really believe in cutting people off. I hate how our generation is so wishy washy with the people in their life. Ignoring someone or flaking on someone is just rude and i don't do that. If someone lied to me and it was over something big I'd probably just cut them off because I have people in my life who wouldn't lie to me like that and are supportive of me.