Does anyone know how to get rid of itchy dry skin fast or overnight (Rash)?

I have a spot on my arm that is red and it keeps itching. How do you get the redness to go away fast? Do you use lotion? lol. I am desperate to get the redness to go away. I don't want to get deferred from the red cross because they think I am infected or sick lol.

Most Helpful Girl

• Instead of asking people on GaG who have no medical degree and aren't in the practice I suggest you go see a dermatologist (skin doctor). It could be something serious like psoriasis for all you know.

Most Helpful Guy

• Calamine lotion should work for the itch, it's used for poison ivy

What Girls Said 3

• If its just dry skin but its causing a small rash try hydrocortisone cream. Apply it twice a day for a few days, and if thats what it is, it should go away. Try to stop scratching it as well.

• try auquaphor, it works really well and its fast too, I had a really bad rash once that was left over from a sunburn and I used auquaphor on it before i went to bed and by the next morning it was pretty much gone, I usually get it at walgreens but Im sure you can find it pretty much anywhere there's a pharmacy. hope this helps :)

• Try some eucerin lotion. Or put honey on it over night, and close it up with a damp cloth and wrap plastic Wrap around it :) it helped me before.

What Guys Said 1

• I'm guessing that this is about giving blood? If so perhaps its best you don't give blood. If you have something that could infect others the blood will be useless anyways. I'm a 2+ gallon O- donor that takes every chance i can to donate but if I'm dealing with a sickness or rashes i would rather wait than have my blood tossed or infect someone that's already too weak to fight illness.