Horse riders in NEED.. Any horse riders here🙈🙉?

Soooo today was my first lesson at horse riding... It went pretty good but it was kinda nerve racking cause the horse kept pulling his head down and i had to pull him back up... He's strong so it was a struggle lol, my fingers started hurting me coz of the strength i had to put in to pull his head back up.. Anyways... I'm a bit nervous about tomorrow.. Any tips to be confident while riding it? And i will be glad to read your experiences. :)

Most Helpful Girl

• The first time is always like that :) you'll feel more comfortable as u gain more experience, in my opinion, the connection with the horse is what matters the most, it's all about trusting each other and feeling comfortable with the animal, so try to work in the relationship with it and the ride will be better for u and the horse :)

As for the head, if it's relaxed, leave it like that, u don't need to pull it up, u need to do that if it suddenly puts the head down while it is going faster or something coz that could mean it's gonna try to do those crazy jumps lol so to avoid it, u pull the head up.
    When riding horses is very important to understand their behaviour, u can read them by looking at the movement of the ears, that helps a lot, different positions mean different things, so if u have time to read about it, give it a go, is very interesting :)

• Wow I swear your opinion is so great!!! Thank you!!😄 I had NO, IDEA that the movements with the ears can indicate anything at all!! Thats soooo interesting!😄 well my house does it when he is walking.. He pulls his head down very strong and I pull it coz the trainer"says so" if I don't do what he says, he gets soooooo mad!!! 😓

• Hah I wish I had one at some point! I learned with a horse that was literally scared of the wind, like if it was making a strong sound she would just freak out 😂 though times lol
      ️Hahaha u must! do yourself a favor and do it!!! Lol it's so good

• Hahahah poor horse and poor you for dealing with that 😂😂
      its exiting but I'm too afraid if doing that!😲

What Guys Said 4

• Why did you have to pull his head up? My wife is a trail rider and horses who are tired do that. They are also obsessive with looking for food which involves putting their head down. Unless you are doing serious riding, I wouldn't worry about this too much... but, I admit, maybe I am mistaken.

• I don't know, the trainer keeps saying don't let him pull his head down... And I have to do what he says, cause the trainer is pretty much crazy, if we don't do like he orders, he gets sooo mad!!! 😓

• You are welcome young lady! Happy riding! Besides, keep in mind: You (or your parents at least) are paying for this. Pay for what you want, not for something you don't want.

• Thats so true!! I will keep that in mind 😊

• did they let you go past a trot or a canter?

wait till you experience a horse at full sprint.

shit.

• They just taught me how to move him for today... I kept going in circles 😆 I don't think I wanna experience that 😶😥

• you'll get there slowly but surely.

they're pretty simple to steer. =) one cool things about horses, is their sense of where their feet are is some of the best in the animal kingdom. you can ride em up on mountain roads, shouldering the ledge where most humans wouldn't walk.

have fun and be safe =)

• Thats true!! 😄 I really love horses, its just that being nervous feeling I get coz I'm a beginner, but I'm gonna get used to it... Or I hope so 😁😆
      THANK YOU!!! 😄

• Get back on the horse! A cliché but it works haha

• As i told u >> thats because its ur first time and the first time in anything is the weirdest&hardest.. so don't worry, just relax and don't be nerve.. u are a good student dania :P
    Don't forget to send me some pics mrs :P

What Girls Said 3

• My family plays polo so I know how to ride horses lol but really, ideally, you should wear special gloves for riding anyways.
    It helps with the fingers ;)
    And to the confidence I think that will improve as you get more confident riding horses overall and once you are secure on the horse it will be easier for you to control them, like with the head down thing, too.

• I'm planning on buying the gloves, I didn't buy them before since I had no idea how difficult this could be 😅😂 yeah that's true, its a matter of time I guess.. Thank you!! 😊

• hey hey I used to take horse riding lessons when I was younger.
    I am not gonna tell you why I stopped though xD
    but yea they key here is to really spend time with the horse, pet him, feed him and all so you won t fear him.
    Other than that take the lessons consequently so you d break that fear easily.
    and when you fall ride the horse right back again
    so good luck giirl and tc ^^

• Hahahha thank you!!! 😄 Sounds like you have done all kinds of sports!!! 😆😏 my lessons are every Saturday and Sunday.. Only one hour... So I will try to spend time with the horse.. This isn't my definite horse, they will give me another one ( thats Better trained ) next week.. I just hope I won't end up with a really energetic and stubborn one coz damn im gonna be doomed 😅 and thank you again!😄

• must***

• No comment on that coz its true 😆

• Use your palms not your fingers, also pull it fast. If you pull gently they might not realize what you want. Hope that helps! (Sounds like you may have gotten a stubborn one)

• I will try that tomorrow 😊 yep it does help, ANYTHING helps in my case 😂😌 yep mine I think is stubborn but This isn't my definite horse, they will give me another one ( thats Better trained ) next week.. I just hope I won't end up with a really energetic and stubborn one coz damn im gonna be doomed 😅😆