I'M SO BORING! HELP ME?

Recently found out I am boring. I was on a date and a guy asked me "So what do you do besides me?"

I had nothing to say. I have no interests or hobbies. Never got into art, anime, comic books, sports, music, or anything. I have no special interests or skills. He seems to be very driven, always looking for something challenging. I, on the other hand, and more like a sloth. I don't have ambition to do anything. I work and go to school but I can't seem to find an interest in anything. All I do is surf the internet and I'm not even succesfull at that, I have no social media presence and frankly I don't care about that either.

We stopped seeing each other because he got bored and I feel shitty.

Can anyone else relate to this lack of motivation? How did you break from the cycle?

Most Helpful Guy

• Lady, you are exactly like me. I have no hoobies other than playing games and reading SciFi books. I surf the web but I have no internet present and my Facebook page consisting of my name and a picture of a teddy bear.

Your hobbies isn't something you do, it should be something you are interested in. I had no hobbies before other than playing games. However, I majored in economics so I have a fair bit of understanding with economics. This sort of excited me and let me read economic papers.

Lately, I also spend time reading fantasy and SciFi stories. I am not an out going person so if you ask me for sports or outdoor activities, I won't be there unless I have to.

Most Helpful Girl

• Your not boring - you are either perceived as easy by him or you have difficulty expressing what your life is about. You don't have to go mountain climbing or boating every weekend to be considered an interesting person. If school and work takes up all your time then talk about your job and your school - that is what I do with my friends - I talk about how I feel about my professors, how I feel about the good students (always positive when I talk about other people), how I feel about people in my family, how I feel about the food and coffees I am consuming, how I feel about the transportation to get to school, how I feel about the tests we are taking, how I feel about the assignments we are writing, how interesting I find the course material, what my hopes are about the academic term, what my fears are, how I struggle with dealing with people in my life, and what I think my friends can do to improve their outlook or level of happiness. If you are alive - you experience things - talk about those experiences - and you will have something to talk about. If somebody expects you to go clubbing or golfing every week and can't accept you as an ordinary person - then they are not good relationship material to begin with.

What Guys Said 13

• I'm sure there's something you enjoy doing, you're just focused on the traditional definition of the word "hobby." What do you surf the net for? What really makes you feel passionate? It could be anything, anything at all.

Do you spend so much time at work and school that you feel you have no time for anything else? Because that could also be a part of the issue. Were you really into something before when you were younger, but sorta fell out of as you were foisted with more responsibilities? This was my problem, I went to college full time and came home to a madhouse so I never felt motivated to explore my interests because I felt so utterly tired. It doesn't help I'm naturally introverted so regular socialization always felt like an exercise in patience. You may want to consider altering your schedule in some way to allow you to explore your interests.

And if you're still stuck, here's a good way to figure out what you like doing: If you had all the money you'd ever need, what would you do with all your free time?

• Dude, I do that same shit. You can still have fun.

Pro tip: Everything's more interesting when your stoned

• You are not boring; you just don't know yourself well enough. So, let's try and figure out what that is, OK? I am going to ask a question and, based on your answer, I will ask another question. We will discover what makes you happy and not boring.

First question: If you could have any job or hobby in all the world and not worry about money or what anyone ever thought, what would that job or hobby be?

• Umm I don't think I've ever been there but I can tell you how I stay motivated to try new things all the time. I wake up every morning bright and early go to work and spend a good twenty minutes doing nothing except thinking about what new things I'm gunna try that day or the next.

what do ou surf on the Internet? Can any of that be translated into real life?

• this doesn't make sense because we all have different personalities with different tastes which means that the guy you went on a date did not have the personality for you. be yourself and don't change because they are other guys that will like you for who you are because of their personality

• I'm super boring, too. When someone asks what you do, you could say what you're saying here, or say you're bad at starting conversations.
    As for suggestions, have you tried video games? What kind of skills do you feel you have?
    Talking to friends about whether comes to mind would be good practice for conversations with your next boyfriend. Do you have any friends who will talk about absolutely anything? I would. :)

• I cut cable and just watch OTA TV occasionally and now have been learning to play the electric guitar. Maybe less surfing on the internet? Go to a gym and get the adrenaline pumping? Have any thing you were interested as a kid that you'd like to take up again today?

• This is what kids are for, giving our lives meaning and purpose.

• "Recently found out I am boring."... The very first sentence entertained me... LOL.
    You are not boring...

• There aren't 1 million solutions, find out WHY you can't get interested or passionate about a subject and GET INTERESTING

• What do you enjoy? What makes you happy?

• Good thing you're a girl.

70% of guys won't care if you're "boring", as long as you're sweet, cute and appreciate them. Bonus points from some of us for being able to make sarcastic wisecracks, as long as they're not aimed at us 100% of the time :p

I'm not sure you're boring by the way. You just don't have 'hobbies' or a clear career focus right now.

• I'm exactly the same. I never do anything anymore. I haven't even been out with my friends for months. Tomorrow I'm going to study and I'm excited about it because at least it's doing something. Every day I try to find something to do all day to pass the time until it's time to sleep again. I was hoping someone would post something useful here but I don't see anything :/

What Girls Said 3

• Is it possible that you could be depressed? Loss of interest and motivation are symptoms.

• I started to love draw & read at 17 it will be like ur first day living!

How? After I found out people will always leave learn how to love ur life. I found arts is special not everyone can draw,,

• Start reading, watch shows, listen to music, go out, travel, get a job, go shopping, get a pet, develop a taste for a hobby and have fun girlie. One love💚