What's your best, "I QUIT" story?

I worked at this crappy retail job which I probably should have quit sooner than I did. First, after probably a week, I figured out that one particular manager was just riding the clock so she could get more hours. Good for her, not so much for us since we made zero over time. The store would close at 9, and we never left before 11:30pm which sucked because I had to be picked up, so my ride was always pissed at me. Second, the main manager was jealous that I was in school, and actually told me point blank one day that this job was more important than my education. Last straw, was that same manager denying an employee ONE day off to go to her brother's funeral despite the fact that I volunteered to take her shift (thankfully she went anyway and said screw it). So, I was pretty much like this place can die a hard one, wrote a colorful little exit letter (because I already got my good recomendation letter from the clock riding manager), and then I called all the employees and told them not to come in the next day screwing over the evil manager who had to work the day by herself. I got a pretty exciting phone message from her spitting fire into the phone and telling me she would ruin me. LOL! She was fired three months later, long after I'd moved on to my new job.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't have a story where I quit, but I do have a story where I had douchebag as a boss and he got fired (similar to yours). I worked for the biggest retailer in Switzerland. I was working in a logitics center, there were different sizes of crates and we had to sort them, they would be refilled with food and sent back to the stores. I only worked in the unloading and sorting area though. It was a pain in the ass job, we had 1 hour break for lunch at 12 or 1 so that was nice but the whole rest of the day we only got 30 minutes.

We used to start at 7(some shifts started at 4 am but I only did that once) and work till 5 or 6 so it was quite tough. This was on a Saturday after a week of university. All the bosses were nice except this one guy he was not our direct superior but the next one higher, he didn't show up often but whe he did he was such a ass. The second day I worked there I was still getting to know everything he shouted at me and threatened to fire me. He walked at a speed that wasn't normal, since he only came out for 20 minutes and then he go back to his office he thought he had to prove how shit was done, he ran around like a maniac and shouted at anybody he thought was too slow.
    Anyway there was outdated food coming back from the stores, it was all still edible, but you weren't allowed to take any because there had been scams in the past where employees at the stores sent back more food that was still within the sell by date and then got a cut. This guy who was so strict and always told everybody what to do got caught stealing the food that was returned and got fired. Sadly I wasn't there because it was on a weekday but when I heard it I was thrilled :).

• Pure awesomeness. Shame you weren't there! Sounds like a real jerk, but karma is a real bitch!

• Yep, I think he had worked there for 14 years, I respected that the bosses didn't just let it slide because he was one of them or something. They had made the rules clear and everybody knew them they were often repeated, so it was nice to see that the rules applied to everyone. I don't know what happened to him but he probably didn't get a great recommendation.

• thanks for MHO :)

Most Helpful Girl

• One time I quit mcds by just climbing out the drive through window in the middle of my shift and walking away.

What Guys Said 2

• I worked at a fast food place long ago. I would go out of my way to help them out even after shift. One day they told me to stop helping the customers in the dining area and stay behind the counter. And this was at like 4pm before any sort of lunch rush was coming. When I realized they weren't going to let me do what I was best at, I had enough and quit.

• This is what frustrates me. Jobs like that and the one I had tend to hold on to mediocre or terrible employees who have no drive, don't do much, but they get rid of the people who go above and beyond or who quite frankly actually just do their jobs.

• Exactly. It's like we are too good to do the job and so the customers have to suffer for it and it ruins the experience for anyone who walks in the door.

• not really a good story, but i worked at a call center once and asked if i could go smoke a cigarette. so i clocked out and never came back lol

• they're still calling you, lol

What Girls Said 3

• Dang nice story!

I quit mostly because my manager treated me like her personal servant, I wrote her a perfectly letter say how one day our places will switch, she basically will be at my feet, which she most definitely will because while she's working and not going to school Im getting my education on! i hate that manipulative paki bitch. i hope she gets hit by a meteor.

• I kicked a printer once out of sheer frustration of it never working and general dislike of my ex colleagues. Shortly after I got a 'disciplinary warning'. Fast forward to warning meeting and half way through My ex boss talking a load of bs I stood up smiled and said 'please keep your warning 'cause I'm bouncing'. Then out the door I went and never looked back. Work sucks!

• I quit through whatsapp group.
    One of the managers were too rude to me.