Why do you have so many fake christians who talk like they are religious when they have no clue what the bible says or what God wants?

Its disgusting how so many of them have no clue what the bible says or what God wants and then condemns anybody who is actually not as clueless or as hell bound as them. I'd say over 90% of them are imposters and the others are usually just very bad or indifferent people.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it's a matter of trying to fit in. Some follow it the way many follow trends and fads.

I don't think many of them learn what it is to live Christian though.

What Guys Said 7

• Most people just want a religion they agree with, as oppose to having to change their own lifestyle. Reading the bible would deprive them of that. In fact many atheists were created after as a christian they actually bothered to study what the bible actually says. If they don't read the bible, then they are free to hate anyone they want to hate, while at the same time they are free to act however they want to act with a clear conscience.

• What you refer to as 'fake' may just be immaturity. A Christian is anyone who has decided for himself to rely solely upon Christ's death and resurrection as full payment for sin. Period. Nothing else is required.
    Note that no other knowledge of good or evil, right or wrong, or religious customs or knowledge of biblical figures is required.
    Still like you I'm discouraged how so many people who claim Christ as savior can live the way they do. I'd be more encouraged if I would see them get rid of the sin in their lives.
    One great pastor of mine once said, "Examine yourself. I'd venture that nobody in the pews could honestly say they are holy more than about 10% of the time." Sadly that would be true for me.

• The bible was never meant to be strictly listened to. It is a book of stories designed to teach morals. No one and I mean NO ONE listens to it word for word. not even you. The reason, it contradicts itself on a few points as it is written by different authors. It would be impossible to follow to the letter.

• Hey, to be fair, I know a lot about what the Bible teaches, the patristics, and the Church's theology and practices. I just fail miserably at obeying it all because I can't wrap my head around the problem of evil, feeling dejected like God is a deadbeat father. Being somewhat carnal minded like the Pharisees, I have grown tired of waiting for the resurrection of the dead and the life of the world to come. Instead I wish God would grant me an earthly reward and paradise.

• Who decides who is a "real" Christian and a "fake" Christian? Who's rules for what is a real Christian should we use? Which version of the Bible should we use?

• Cuz nowadays you don't have to be a strict Christian so they're Christians for fame.

• Its funny. Your being judgmental right now and you call yourself a Christian

What Girls Said 2

• Smh and it's usually Christian men who claim to be religious that be out looking for booty from random girls

• I've read the whole Old & New Testament and still am not certain that I have any right to make assertions to what's right and wrong. It's not all straightforward, sometimes it seems contradictory and some seems to only make sense in historic context... especially the texts outside of the Gospel.