Should I bother?

I've been on many sites like this, and im a very friendly person (most of the time lol) so i like to message people and i get really close to them. I've spoken to people from all around the world thanks to this and there was this one guy i spoke to for over a year. However people always just end up moving on and they suddenly stop replying to messages or they just cancel their accounts, which makes me sad because its like you've lost that friend and you'll never know why.
So basically i just want to know if i should bother anymore? should i try and be nice and make friends on here?

Most Helpful Guy

• let's start a relationship.. message me.

Most Helpful Girl

• I always feel like if they really consider you a friend, then they would let you know before they left. I've felt the same way too tho. But I value to friendships that I've made here. So I think it's still worth it.

• the person that i got really close to didn't even leave, they just started to ignore me but regardless i'll always appreciate how they were there for me when i needed it

• Oh wow. Well that's pretty rude.

What Guys Said 3

• Why not... I have decided to be here till eternity...

• oh what an innocent woman you are...

• Not serious friends. Not friends you actually talk to and hang out with and rely on for advice. Of course they stop replying, because it's a joke. It's not serious.

What Girls Said 3

• I say go for it. It's sad when you stop talking to them after a while, sure, but unfortunately that's life. And you can always be thankful for that experience and the friendship you had.

• thats a good point, as weird as this sounds i'll always cherish that he was there for me despite being on the other side of the world

• Exactly :) I've found that online friends are quite special. You don't officially know each other but you're still there for each other. And you also get to learn about things from their side of the world which makes things interesting

• I personally don't bother anymore and I don't let people message me on here anymore. People come and go. They can like you one day and be indifferent the next day. It's easy to do that since it's the internet and you don't see them in person regularly.

• My last relationship was long distance (A guy I met on 9chat) so i'd have to say yes give it a try.