Anyone ever tried ant farming?

Y'know, with the little tanks and stuff?

I was thinking of giving it a try in my greenhouse (http://www.girlsaskguys.com/other/q1894700-does-anyone-want-to-make-a-plant-request) and I was hoping someone here has done it before, so they can give my the "juicy deets" on it.

So, if you fit that description, could you please tell me what/how you do it? Is it fun? What do you feed them? How much attention do they need? Do the ants escape often? Should I go for one tank or a few and join them together? Do they need to be kept indoors for any part of the year?

Thanks in advance :)

Does anyone else want to make a contribution? :)

What Girls Said 1

• I convinced my parents to buy me an ant farm back in the day. So I got this gel thing (the aunts eat it as food?) and I poured the ants in there and you know what? All but 3 of those idiots were dead upon arrival. And 2 of them died because they were too dumb to figure out how to eat and the last one died because it too couldn't figure out how to live.

Dumbest thing ever.

What Guys Said 0