Which is more accurate: what we see in the mirror, or what we see in a picture of us?

Most Helpful Guy

• Mirrors. Picture take 3 dimensional space and puts it on a 2 dimensional plain. It may give a good representation of what someone may look like. But in reality it doesn't represent 3D so we actually look different in our photos.

What Guys Said 6

• Image are certainly more accurate in the sense that they depict reality (if we assume that the picture is unaltered). An picture shows you the way everyone else sees you. It generally shows things the way they look to the rest of the world. A mirror creates an illusion because it shows you a mirrored image of yourself which almost turns you into a different person for your brain.

• honestly: i know for a fact that i look better in real life or a mirror. i am just so unphotogenic xD many people told me this.

• You sound like Jaden Smith on a hangover... useless question

• Ironic because this is a useless response.

• How is using the anonymous feature cowardly? It'd only be cowardly if I were being offensive and attacking someone.

• You are hiding yourself, as to why is a mystery but the result is the same

• Mirror. I did some online dating last year. I was so IMPRESSED how women looked on pictures compared to real life. In a mirror you have the chance of moving/rotating. I hope VR is coming soon... Anyone up for building a VR 3D online dating platform to make some money?

• Mirror. Because if you compare two different devices from my experience the Samsung Note 5 and Iphone 5 have different cameras, which makes you look a little different depending on the lighting.

• Pictures are more accurate.

What Girls Said 8

• That is a very perplexing question... I believe mirror because you see worse things oddly enough more clearly in a mirror. But it depends on lighting I guess... Man, I dont even know. My simple answer will be ~ I Have No Clue. I guess it depends on the person...

• picture is more accurate representation of the past whereas mirror is a more accurate representation of the present

• The mirror reflects back to us a flipped image that is in front of it. Pictures can be highly inaccurate and can also be edited. Mirrors are far more accurate.

• what we see in the mirror

• yeah me too i want to knowwwww lol but haven't you thought of other people? some look different in pictures than in real life. i find taking videos of yourself can give you an image of who you are. i might be wrong tho.

• I look ugly AF in videos compare to pix taken at the same time. Camera is st00pid. Miiror all da way!

• @Spiralex I look normal in videos and weird in pictures I don't know (x

• Multiple pix that u took at the same time comes out different as well. What does that say about camera? Faaaaake! In mirror u can see the same u milliseconds and every seconds u stare at it. If camera is false, so is the video itself that is recorded with camera.

• A picture probably. A picture is permanent

• Neither, because you see what you want to see.

• There was the experiment called true mirror where you get to see what other people see when they look at you by putting two mirrors together. A mirror only shows us what we see in ourselves. So I would go with a picture