Advice on moving out at 18 + any experience?

I plan on moving out when I'm 18. Do you guys have any advice? If you'd like, please share your experience with moving out own your own?

What Guys Said 1

• I moved out at 19. Have a plan. Have a job and some money saved up. Have transportation plans. Try not to rely on others too much or they will (not purposefully) let you down. The more you can do on your own, the better off you will be.

What Girls Said 1

• 1. Save up some money before you do it. A couple thousand would be good.

2. Make sure your monthly income is at least 3x your monthly rent.

3. Stay on good terms with your parents. I've had to ask for money a couple times since moving out. Which takes a great deal of pride, but it's better than going into debt.

4. Don't get a pet until you're positive you have the time and money for it.

5. Make sure you get along with your roommate. Even if a person is a good friend, you may be incompatible as roommates.

6. Learn how to cook. Eating instant meals all the time is super unhealthy, and eating out is expensive.

That's all I can think of for now!