How do I rent a hotel room?

I've never rented a room at a hotel. I just want to go to a simple little 3 star one. Can I pay up front? Do I have to sign anything?

Most Helpful Girl

• Most hotels only take credit card, so you walk up to the front desk ask for a room, they'll take your card have you sign something incase of damage etc. And then you're good to go! When you go to check out its simple & stuff.
    (I'm not sure if 3 star require credit or debit. But most require credit incase damage & stuff.. I don't know. I've gone to rent a room and they won't take debit because of policy or w. e.) just so you know!

What Guys Said 3

• You do pay up front they swipe your card and you pay for it. And yes you do have to sign stuff making sure you don't damage anything. The hotel rules blah blah... Then when you check out if there are any damages or room service fees they charge you again.

• You call the hotel and ask if they have any rooms available. They will ask how many beds you tell them, then when they say yes you give your name and come into the hotel to check in. Pretty straightforward. You don't pay up front but you submit your credit card to them up front iirc

• Usually go to the front desk and say you'd like a room. Then they will get some personal info from you and some id. Then you pay and they will give you the key to the room

What Girls Said 1

• You can pay in advance or after. Up to you.

Traditionally you call ahead, book, and stay. You can do it on the day but it depends on the place.

:Source;
    Did it for a living.