Do you ever feel like reinventing yourself?

Even in small ways, like a drastic new hair cut or a new hair color. Maybe a new piercing, or just doing your makeup differently and wearing different clothes.

I've suddenly been hit with the desire to reinvent myself, and I'm seriously considering something to do with my hair.

Most Helpful Guy

• All the damn time. I'm shy and introverted. Strangers love talking to me for some reason so I feel I should drop the shyness and just be wicked forward. It's not really my personality though. I'm a really laid back person so I'm not the center of attention anywhere I go. I think it's just one of those cases where the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.

As far as looks go I've always wanted to be able to pull off that super rugged masculine look. I'm tall and I have wider shoulders so I have that going for me but that's pretty much it. I don't have one of those super masculine faces and I can't grow facial hair very well. I doubt it's going to grow in any better at my age. Honestly, with my face shape I could probably pull off the metro pretty boy look more but I don't really want that either. Meh.

I'll just do me!

Most Helpful Girl

• Did that in high school with coloring my hair this auburn red. Stopped since it was annoying keeping up with coloring it. Along with spending more money on 3 coloring boxes.

Then at 19 I got both sides of my upper lip pierced.

Only way I'm reinventing myself atm is by losing weight and toning my body up.

Though I am always trying to reinvent my play style and the classes I go for in video games. Trying to learn more and be better.

What Guys Said 23

• I don't understand how changing something about your look constitutes reinventing yourself. It does nothing to download you've revolved or changed as a person and that's what reinventing yourself means

• I am more an internal reinventing myself than doing it externally but yes I know what you mean - Any ideas for your hair yet?

• @justbANAnaz told me I should do a darker red so I'm thinking maroon or burgundy. And maybe a trim or something.

• Yeah that colour sounds really nice but any style will look great on you because you are a really attractive young woman.

• YES, I'm so confident on this one.

• Yes, sometimes.

• I already did, and now I'm on to my next job
    reinventing the world.

• There's a saying that a rose by any other name is still the same or something like that.

You can change in smaller ways though. Personally, over the last couple of years I've been trying different hairstyles. I still haven't found something I like enough to stick with. Also, it's a bit of a problem that I don't have the patience to let my hair grow out long enough to give me more options.

• I'm generally not that good in change, at work or in life or so.
    And physically I rarely change... I've had my short hair and short beard and mustache for years and feel good with them :D

• I went from jock to artsy indie to nerd back to jock now I'm thinking of just spending all my time at work

• It's impossible to be completely satisfied with yourself. Especially in looks.
    For me, I feel I look boring, or something.

• rarely... I have social anxiety, so I obviously try to avoid doing drastic changes where I know people will judge me for

• I started introducing myself as Nate instead of Nathan when I moved to college, does that count?
    Unfortunately I can do absolutely nothing with this hair.

• Well I am about to haircut today so yes I suppose so lol.

• Yeah, I've totally changed my look before. I used to be the typical Metalhead kind of guy always wearing black, long hair, lots of necklaces, bracelets and all of that. Not anymore though, now I just look like a normal dude.

• Yeah but more myself and how I view things. Learning. Not so much appearance

• I do right now... just got dumped by the girl I fell in love with for the first time in 20 years and I feel like crap... I have to do something to fix myself, and fix why I lost her... I am working to reinvent myself, just don't know how.

• That's not actually a bad idea. I'd definitely make myself taller if I was to reinvent myself.

• I wanna figure out a better style for myself cause I look decent but I feel like if I had better cloths I'd catch more glances

• I'd lose 100 pounds
    hair cut
    remove body hair
    get eyes fixed
    teeth fixed

nope wouldn't change much about me lol ( sarcasm )

• Don't even think about changing your hair!

• It's GORGEOUS

• I did change it lol, my current picture is my hair changed. It's purple instead of red, tho it looks red still in my picture lol

• Now it matches the purple nipple

• No that's what fake fucks do...

• I'm not so much concerned about changing anything about me externally, but more internally as I seem to get a lot of dates that seemingly go well, only for the girl to disappear and ignore me afterwards. The worst part is, I don't know what I'm doing that's causing them to disappear and because I'm not getting an explanation, it's hard to fix the problem.

It's like I'm not pretending to be something I'm not but it's hard to find out what the problem is when there's none apparent. You know what I mean?

• Why don't you leave your hair alone? I think you've "reinvented" it enough.

So what you mean is you feel you should redo yourself? Change and be something different? Have I ever felt that way? Nah I doubt it. Every damn day it's another journal entry with you.

• Stop seeking my shit out then if you're just gonna bitch about it like a prepubescent little girl

• Don't need you

• Why not?

• Totally.

I want to lose 50 lbs (I'm fat), build my chest/triceps, grow out my hair, get a straight perm, totally change up my wardrobe. I also want to become more soft-spoken (I'm too loud), emotionally mature, and less stressed out by the little things. I also want to change my interests from gaming to more productive things.

• Yeah sure, some people get tattoos and change their style and clothes

What Girls Said 5

• Really? Yeah! Sometimes. Like I want go with the punk look but than I hold back cuz I don't have the wardrobe... Maybe when I get a job? But than I never dyed my hair. I also gonna miss how long it is.

• Well I used to do that when I could actually dye my hair still.
    But now I stay the same, my hair looks like same everyday and my makeup almost always looks the same
    But I do wish I could do cool things with my hair

• i've recently got an industrial piercing on a whim and I'm planning to dip dye my hair so yeah kind of :)

• I'd like to lose 5-10 lbs. I'm getting a pool membership set up so I can go swimming. :)

• Yeah I need to get back Ito shape.