Maturity depends on age?

I say no xD I've met some preetyy immature elders in my days

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, for the most part it does I believe. Of course you will always find exception to try and prove the opposite - you will always find small kids that are already very mature and seniors who are very immature but individual cases don't really matter in such a question. What matters is statistics and if you look at it statistically, if you were to make a representative research on this topic, I'm almost certain you will find that 10 year old are statistically more mature than 5 year olds, 25 year olds more mature than 15 year olds, 50 year olds more mature than 25 year olds etc..

Most Helpful Girl

• I think maturity is part age, part experience. Like if you're a 15 year old kid that can do chores around the house without being told and doesn't get into any drama and junk, you would probably be called more mature than a 15 year old who gets into fights all the time and has to be told to do something 10 times before they move to do it.

What Guys Said 21

• I definitely agree with you - Spend any time on this site and you will meet some very wise teenagers (some idiots too) but it will be across the board in all age groups for wise users and idiots. I laugh when people pull the age card here, the best debate I had here was on mental health and I was completely owned by a 14 year old.

• thats stupid >.<

im way more mature for my age than my peers, i would love to find someone my age who was mature with just a slightly immature humor to them.

maturity is just something you get from experience and things you have been through, nothing to do with actual age, its just usually the older you are the more you've been through... prob why i get on with older people better than my own age.

• No, it doesn't depend in age at all. Age and maturity has no connection. A 20 year old can be very mature and can have the understanding and maturity of a 30 year old whereas even a 50 year old can be very immature and childish in their behaviour

• Yes, it depends on age. But that doesn't mean it's automatically granted with age.

Wisdom is a product of experience. Think of wisdom as a gas tank and each year is like another gallon the tank can hold. Doesn't mean everyone's tank is full. Although a 30 gallon tank might only be half full, a 15 gallon tank can never hold 30 gallons.

• Maturity simply has to do with the individual I've met people my age and younger far more mature then many adults I've seen on here and vice versa.

• Age is just a number! Not a guarantee of maturity, and maturity is understanding and experience it cannot come from qualifications and degree, or something you can achieve from a book..

• No way maturity depends on the person and the experiences they have gone through up to that point

• it gives you an indication of what to expect but of course there are many people who are quite immature/mature for their age

• You don't have to be old to be mature, but there's a strong correlation between an increase in age and an increase in maturity.

• Maturity does depend on age. Immaturity, however, is age-proof.

• Me too... I am one of them :P

• Yea nope it doesn't. I'd be one of those immature elders, because I try not to take life too seriously all the time. I will never be the grumpy old man.

• Nope

• maturity depends on responsibility

• no it depends on the person

• People say I'm mature

Make of it what you will

• Depends on surroundings and people around us !

• Nope, I've been impressed by the maturity of several younger GAGers.
    It's definitely not simply age.

• ahahahahaha NO ! XD

• I somewhat think that maturity is like a n.

It increases with age to a point, planes out, then it usually goes down and you turn into an obnoxious little kid that refuses to realize you're wrong.
    The only problem is that by now you're generally an adult and feel entitled and correct due to your wealth of experience.

It is likely linked to age in the sense that with time we have the chance to grow more mature.

• People mature somewhat with age, but more with experience. Experience is correlated with age, but it's certainly not linear.

What Girls Said 4

• Nope age doesn't matter. they can still be extremely immature.

Plus for anyone who has ADHD your brain is between 3-5 years behind your actual age when it comes to maturing. So that could affect your maturity level as well. So for me mine is like 5 years behind.

• There's nothing more disgusting than an elder who behaves disgracefully. Alcohol is usually the cause but some are just unemotionally decent for some reason.

• No it doesn't. You can grow up. Reach 80. Still can act like a kid.

• I think mature does not depend on age but it depends on experiences that an individual has through out life.