Why do NFL players commit so much domestic violence?

I don't ever see any NBA players in the news for it, but its almost always NFL players.

Most Helpful Guy

• They're trained to be agressive all their lives, and usully the more agressive people are the ones that would want to play football in the first place (at least a percentage will get into football just to hit people) they get concussions and brain damadge which can cause depression and other shit. Going from beeing poor to beeing rich and famous can mess a lot of people up. The NFL's substance testing is questioned by many and it is assumed that a good portion of players uses steroids or other shit. There's probably more reasons

• thanks for MHO, now that I read my answer again I see it's not very well phrased lol. I was in a hurry I think :).

Most Helpful Girl

• Some studies suggest concussions may be related to it. I haven't read enough to have my own opinion, but it's a hot topic.

What Guys Said 11

• There are 53 players per team and 32 teams in the league... that comes up to... almost 1700 players. In the NBA there are 12 players per team and 30 teams... 360 players.

There's almost 5 times as many NFL players are there are NBA players.

• That's not an excuse, I can name only 2 members of the NBA charged with Domestic Violence.

• Can you name 10 in the NFL?

• They can't seem to cut it off once off of the Grit Iron

• Anger issues
    Celebrity treatment and thinking they are above the rules

• You need to be aggressive to do well in the sport and a lot of people probably have a tough time turning off the aggression when they get off the field.

• NFL is like way bigger than NBA? Wtf u talking about? And name me 10 domestic abusers without googling

• Because their entire value in life comes from being big, tough, and aggressive

And when you're a big superstar you get an inflated ego, so if you don't get respect, you're going to get more butthurt about it

• Lack of roids in their system.

• 'roids

• They're the only ones that get caught.

• What race are they?

• There are a lot more NFL players than NBA Players. There have been some domestic violence incidents in each.

That said, steroids are more common i'd guess in the NFL, concussions and brain deterioration can lead to violence, and it self-selects for aggression more than the NBA does.

What Girls Said 0