What would you do if you were a bookstore employee and someone tried to shoplift the Bible?

Apparently, it's the most shoplifted book in the world.

Most Helpful Girl

• Buy him or her the Bible so they could read it without guilt.

What Guys Said 8

• I'd make him pay the one he stole but I'd give him addresses where he can get free Bible copies. (I got even two free copies of the Quran)

• I'd try to catch them and retrieve the book so that I could put it back in the fantasy shelve.

• Wow with all the free options online why would someone steal it?

I think it's kind of ironic and hilarious that it's shoplifted so often though. I'm against theft but "Thou shalt not steal" and all that.

• Punish them old testament style

A religious person like that would be able to appreciate the irony

• You can't treat people differently just because they stole a religious book than a non-religious book. Plus, it would be such a stupid crime to commit. Most churches will give you one if you just ask (or even if you don't ask).

• I'd take him down.

• Id let them take it. Obviously they need something kind of answers from God. And honestly the bible is a gift from God to man so who ami to deny it to someone because they don't have money?

• stop them and make them pay for it

What Girls Said 2

• Report them to security. It's my duty as an employee to report theft, no matter what item gets stolen. That's just how it is, and should be. If someone is thinking about turning to religion, maybe they should start off with at least TRYING to follow the most basic rules, such as not stealing.
    Plus, what happens if *I* get caught for not reporting the theft when I should have? I could lose my job. I'm not going to lose my job because of some thief.

• ... and the least read, lol.