American-borns, do you feel lucky you were born in America, or you wish you were born somewhere else?

• Lucky...
  • Not Lucky...

Most Helpful Girl

• YES! the older i get, the more i realize how lucky i am to be born and nurtured here... i dated a guy whos not American he's from an islamic country and ugh he turned out to be such a douchebag, no manners or respect whatsoever he didn't even know proper etiquette in a nice restaurant and it was the worse date of my life. As an American, I have more class more etiquette, more education and appreciate more to life. I literally have all the freedom in the world. That same ex, he thought about marrying me and moving to Dubai... and i know Dubai seems like the hottest vacation luxury cities these days, but after I did some research about actually moving there being married to a Muslim man, I realized that women cannot drive there, women dont have same rights as men, if you get divorced all your money and custody of kids go to the muslim husband and they give no fucks if you were an American or not, your American citizenship gets denounced. I dodged a bullet with my horrible ex and am so proud to be an American.

Most Helpful Guy

• I feel VERY lucky. I love America and how many opportunities it's offered. I'd be in a house maybe half the size if I lived somewhere in Europe.

At least, I THINK that's how it works

What Girls Said 7

• The amount of fucks and thoughts I put into where I was born are 0. Zero fucks.

Do I like America? Yes. Do I enjoy living here? Sure. Do I feel beyond blessed and whatnot? Meh. I've traveled the world. I've had extended stays in multiple cities in multiple countries. They've all been great as well.

• Very lucky. To name a few reasons why- I feel safe here. There are no backwards laws against women. The US is huge! There are so many cool places to visit, and so much to do. We're a huge melting pot of different cultures. We make great movies and music.

That being said, there are other amazing countries that I'd be happy to live in. I don't view the US as "the best" or anything like that.

• I know we're exceedingly lucky to have been born in the US.

• There should be an option for people who weren't born in America

• I feel extremely lucky and I'd love to visit lots of other countries but I think I'd be giving up a lot if I actually moved somewhere else.

• Definitely lucky

• Extremely lucky🌙😉

What Guys Said 4

• I thank my lucky stars I was born in America.

• Don't most Americans want to be Irish or something?

• I feel lucky to live in the U. S., but im glad i was born amoungst the polders. Mainly, because its just something that makes my life more interesting and the ladies like an interesting man.
    Plus, i plan on studying history in the Near East and, well, its best not to say you are from America over there (at the moment).

• To be honest I kind of wish I was born in a more cultured place like Japan, Korea, China, or somewhere in Europe. Not to say those places are better then America, I am a firm believer that America is the best country in the world (and looking at GDP, military size, political and economic influence, technological innovation, and how American culture dominates the world, I can safely say this with complete confidence). Now I know what your probably saying, "He just contradicted himself, America does have culture, so why does he want a more cultured place" and to that I'll respond American culture is basically a combination of all other cultures, and I hate it. One night we will have Chinese food for dinner, another night we will have Italian food, one day I'll be walking to work and see a dozen Mexicans, the next day I'll see a dozen Chinese. One moment I'll be listening to Justin Bieber and the next I'll be listening to Gangnam style. We dont have a culture, we just take everyone else's and I really dont like it at all. Whats worse is that our country just has so many divisions. There are tons of races, languages, religions, tons of people who like pop music, and tons of people who like rock music, and I hate diversity so this doesn't work with me. I wish I were in a country (like Japan) where 99% of the population is the same race, with the same religion, same family background, and same interests in sports and entertainment. Instead everyone wants to be an individual in America, and I dont like that. Everyone wants to have their own culture which isn't defined by tradition, but rather defined by themselves, and whats cool at the time. Whats worse is that we speak English in America and I dont like the English language. Why? Well its a language (that I speak natively), and I like languages. I have always been fascinated by linguistics, but you know what pisses me off? When one language dominates every aspect of everything... when you have people from Brazil to Russia, and Istanbul to Tokyo learning the same language that pisses me off. There are 6,500+ languages in the world, and they all decide to study 1(English). I dont like that, countries like Denmark have a common ground, they speak Danish, and language certainly preserves a lot of culture. Well in America not only does the whole damn world speak our language, we ourselves dont have another language to fallback on because language education is so bad here.

• When the whole damn world speaks your language whats the point of learning another language? I have been all over the world, and in every country I've been to it hasn't been that hard to find someone who speaks a degree of English. Because of this I can't talk to my girlfriend about private matters cause anyone can listen in, I dont have a common language identity with others because the whole world speaks my language. I wish I had that identity though, I wish I was born in a country that could provide me that identity. Another thing I dont like about America is that our pop culture is absolute garbage. I mean you have rock stars getting up on stage in front of thousands of people cursing up a storm like street trash, garbage like Miley Cyrus disgracing people, and other idiots like that. When I go abroad people often times view Americans a certain way because of our crappy pop culture, a Dutchman for instance, no one knows their culture so the stereotypes are far less annoying.

• Bottom line though I'd rather come from another place other then the US